Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Assmann Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen Real or Fake?

Article about: Hi, I have acquired this pilot observer badge. I had it verified multiple times, but recently I've been told that it is a fake. I would just like to know either way. I tried to take pictures

Default Assmann Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen Real or Fake?

Hi,

I have acquired this pilot observer badge. I had it verified multiple times, but recently I've been told that it is a fake. I would just like to know either way. I tried to take pictures of every angle of it, but if you need anything else please let me know.

Thanks,
    Phil

Assmann Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen Real or Fake?Assmann Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen Real or Fake?Assmann Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen Real or Fake?Assmann Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen Real or Fake?Assmann Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen Real or Fake?Assmann Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen Real or Fake?Assmann Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen Real or Fake?Assmann Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen Real or Fake?Assmann Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen Real or Fake?Assmann Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen Real or Fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assmann Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

imo,its a fake.the quality is not there or detail,plus other things don't look correct to me.

Although not my specialty, I do notice that the arms on the Swastika are very uneven...Look how fat the Swastika-arm is under the eagle's claw!, and the catch is often seen on 1957 postwar awards...I hope to hear other opinions as well, of course...
    cheers, Glenn

I maybe going out on a limb here, but I actually think this is a good 3rd pattern all zinc Gemeinsames Flugzeugführer und Beobachterabzeichen. The rivets were a bit of a concern not being peined over as on most Assmann badges, but the genuine L/64 marked zinc badge rivet heads look damned close to this example, and in that regard are right for this exact type. Hinge, catch, pin and bird all appear o.k. to me as well, but as ever, better wait for other thoughts on this one, hope i'm right mate.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I really appreciate the opinions. I am not an expert by any means, in fact I could barely be called a beginner in collecting these badges. It was bought from the estate of a WW2 veteran. A box in the attic was filled with a bunch of military badges, pins, and other items, to include American and German. I paid a pretty hefty price for all of this, but really hope that this is real. There was just little reason to me why this would be a fake if it was packed with other old military items that are original and in a dusty old box in the attic.

I hope it turns out to be an original...but that mis-shapen Swastika sure gets my attention...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I hope it turns out to be an original...but that mis-shapen Swastika sure gets my attention...
    cheers, Glenn
    A good point Glenn, but looking at the original it's the same. The vertical part of the arm has a flaw that looks like a thick burr of metal attached to the right hand side of the arm. It's just visible in the pic above of the obverse taken straight on, that bit that appears a lighter grey colour. Seen from the reverse, it makes the vertical arm look really fat and throws the rest out, but it is there on the original and looks the same on the reverse as the one above.

Unfortunately I can't post a pic as they are protected so that the uploader can't lift them from the web page and save them.

The more I look at this, the more I like it tbh....

I'll keep digging!

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I defer to your superior knowledge, Ned...As stated, these Luftwaffe badges are not my specialty...but that odd Swastika sure caught my eye and raised my suspicions...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I defer to your superior knowledge, Ned...As stated, these Luftwaffe badges are not my specialty...but that odd Swastika sure caught my eye and raised my suspicions...
    cheers, Glenn
    They're not my speciality either, but on observation of a genuine one it compares well. The thing is we need some pic's to compare, and d'you think I can find any that are available?

Please Glenn, don't just take my word for it, proof or verification is required old bean!

Maybe this will help?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assmann Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen Real or Fake?  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast