Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Assmann Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen Real or Fake?

Article about: Hi, I have acquired this pilot observer badge. I had it verified multiple times, but recently I've been told that it is a fake. I would just like to know either way. I tried to take pictures

?

Compared to the example in the book it is a very very good match and if the example in the book is considered by those who collect these badges to be a wartime example then the badge in the opening post should surely be considered to be original too.

I would like to see some better lit photos of it to see if Harry's concerns about the details are down to them actually being very soft or have been lost in the shadows.

Taking into account this badge is late war and made of zinc, does anyone else look at the finish with a raised eyebrow or is it simply a very well preserved piece?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assmann Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian View Post

Taking into account this badge is late war and made of zinc, does anyone else look at the finish with a raised eyebrow or is it simply a very well preserved piece?
    Hi Adrian,

There is an example of this "A" and "L/64" marked all zinc badge shown as an original example on the GCA forum, although if you're not a paid member there you can't see it. It's identical in every way to the one shown here including the hardware right down to the wreath retaining nearly all it's finish, the crappy rivets and the gritty/bubbled appearance of the bird complete with flawed swastika arm. There is unequivocally no difference between the two, they are the same.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I have to say, when these odd badges Are seen, this is, indeed, the condition they are usually found in. For some reason, the silvering of the eagle is almost always found to be nearly totally gone, while the wreath somehow generally manages to retain it's gilding in it's entirety.

On a side note, I would add also, that inclusion in a book is not always a bulletproof sign of proof of the authenticity of an item. I am sure that we can all point to hobby "Bibles" that have errors and fakes in them-whether it's helmets, daggers or badges. Nor is it incontrovertible proof to find another badge identical to one that is being questioned. Certainly, if a person is making fake items, they are not going to simply make One...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hello all,

I believe the badge to be authentic, the finish on the wreath is not.

William Kramer

An original here in my images. Feel free to use any of mine for references on this forum

Aviation Heritage Museum Western Aust Few German items of interest aswell (lots of pics)

after studying late-war finishes on Assman P/O I would like to change my opinion to a 100% original badge with its original finish. Another for comparison.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assmann Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen Real or Fake?   Assmann Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen Real or Fake?  

Attached Images Attached Images Assmann Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen Real or Fake? 

Quote by all1knew View Post
    after studying late-war finishes on Assman P/O I would like to change my opinion to a 100% original badge with its original finish. Another for comparison.

William Kramer
    Your honesty is refreshing and reassessment laudable. I'm sure this will help reassure the O.P's concerns. The devil is always in the detail!
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

That's good enough for me Joe, thanks for the linky.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3