Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

An auction item

Article about: I would suggest that is not the place to find genuine TR militaria and not somewhere to spend your money. It is, however useful to look at fakes!

Default An auction item

Hello,
    thanks for the help so far, now have another test. I have seen this item up for auction what do you think? Fake or real?
    regards,
    Dan

An auction itemAn auction item

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An auction item
    P
    Many

Default Re: An auction item

Reproduction,,,wrong type hinge,pin,catch just to name a few bad things about it

Thanks for the quick response, this is at a fairly respectable auction house with a lot more like it they surely know all this stuff is fake. The estimates are sort of inbetween a proper value and a fake value. I am tempted to ask them what their stand is on selling fakes but may not be worth the fall out....

?

I agree it's a fake. Out of interest how much is the guide price?

A fake indeed,sorry. Stewy

The guide price is £80-£120. I could put a link to the auction, be interesting if any of the stuff is actually real or is that not a good idea?

yes,by all means post a link to this auction,,,it would be interesting to see what they are offering

?

Quote by danbadger View Post
    The guide price is £80-£120. I could put a link to the auction, be interesting if any of the stuff is actually real or is that not a good idea?
    The price of an original will be around the £2000 mark (give or take) so the guide price on this example would suggest the auction house know it's a fake and are trying their luck!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

https://www.easyliveauction.com/auct...FCCD4943D4F802

here you are, click on the militaria link on the left unless you like a bit of furniture...........

Dan,

Steer clear of this outfit!! They are on this website below, week in week out, and it's nearly all bogus crap they're trying to hawk! there is another auction house on there that are practically the same, all I'll say is look out for the initials 'JS', you'll see what I mean...

Best thing is save this site to favourites and check it each week with the 'Refresh' button. There are some real gems in there if you look carefully, I know, I've bought 'em!

Auction Catalogues - the-saleroom.com - Bid online at real auctions

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast