Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Authentic?

Article about: Hi-- I am new here. These German medals came into my possession recently. They were acquired by a relative no later than the early 1990s, and likely in the 1980s. They were either gifted to

scf
    ?

Default Authentic?

Hi--

I am new here. These German medals came into my possession recently. They were acquired by a relative no later than the early 1990s, and likely in the 1980s. They were either gifted to or purchased by said relative. I know nothing about militaria and am seeking some expert input into whether either or both of these pieces might be authentic, and their potential meaning or relevance in their historical context. They look a bit sketchy potentially, and I am skeptical of their authenticity. Better photos can be provided. Many thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authentic?   Authentic?  

Authentic?   Authentic?  

Authentic?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentic?
    P
    Many

There looks to be a number on the suspension ring of the Eastern front medal. If you can provide a better picture we can determine maker.. from the pictures you posted they initially look alright but we need better and clearer pictures of the entire front and back to include the ribbon and if there is any pin back for the long service medal..

Smitty

The Eastern front medal is the medal with the helmet and stick grenade. Also known as the frozen meat medal awarded to German soldiers serving on the Eastern front, also known as the ostmedialle or more officially. Winters haven't IM ostensibly 1941/42. The other medal with the blue ribbon is known as the treudienst ehrenzeichen or faithful service decoration. The grade you have is the 2nd class award for 25 years of loyal service..

Smitty

I hate auto correct.. medaille winterschlacht im osten 1941/42...

Smitty

MAP
    ?

Here is probably the best resource for the Ost Medaille.

MAKERS & POUCHES — The Ostmedaille-database

And to add to what Smitty has said, the Faithful Service award is not military. It was awarded primarily to government employees (management, laborers, etc.) of the Civil Service. It was instituted by the Nazi party in 1938.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

You need to post these awards separately, and in the right orientation.
    Also, if you are asking for authentication, clearer photos would help to make sure of the correct answers.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)