MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Authentication of a few awards i have been offered

Article about: I have been offered this assortment of german badges, medals ect. I can see in the photos that there are fakes and even a fantasy item (nazi/U.S. flag pin) for example. Since I know this dea

Default Authentication of a few awards i have been offered

I have been offered this assortment of german badges, medals ect. I can see in the photos that there are fakes and even a fantasy item (nazi/U.S. flag pin) for example. Since I know this dealer sells/trades fakes, I do not fully trust him. i will appreciate any opinions on the items.

I want to trade some of these pieces for my german helmet. he says that he will trade $1000 worth for it, but im not even sure of the general value of my helmet, which is on one of my older threads. feel free to take a look at it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authentication of a few awards i have been offered   Authentication of a few awards i have been offered  

Authentication of a few awards i have been offered   Authentication of a few awards i have been offered  

Authentication of a few awards i have been offered   Authentication of a few awards i have been offered  

Authentication of a few awards i have been offered  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentication of a few awards i have been offered
    P
    Many

Default Re: Authentication of a few awards i have been offered

Can you get closer pics ? We need to see the reverse of many of those items too. Also I would stear clear of any dealer who is known to peddle fakes !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

That is quite an assortment of items.
    Post the buckles in the Buckle forum and get good front and back shots.
    From the photos the first EK2 looks like a good Wachtler & Lange.
    The DKiG will need some better photos to be sure as the details aren't clear enough to make a definite decision either way.
    The Ground Assault badge stands a chance, possibly an Arno Wallpach, however better shots would be helpful as I'm not keen on the eagle's beak from the photo above.
    The Blockade Breaker is a known fake, Richard Feix didn't make this badge.
    The Luftschutz medal and Wound Badges could be OK but where are the reverse shots?
    The eagle and three tinnies I have no idea about and the EK2 missing the ring needs an obverse shot but looks OK.
    The Imperial EK2 looks good, the Spange I can't tell from the photos, the eagle and German/Japanese badge I don't know.
    The final EK2 is good, possibly a Deumer, the Wound Badge and German/U.S. badge I can't help with.

Remember, good, clear photos, straight on, no fancy angles or lighting are a must to be able to authenticate items with any degree of certainty. If the dealer/seller send photos like these, ask for better ones!

PLEASE read this thread: Photographing Medals and Badges.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

My advice is don't get into any deal with anyone you don't trust, regardless of the item. He is clearly selling fakes.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks you guys and Adrian for the help, yes i understand that its kind of risky dealing with this guy. I'm thinking about changing my mind!

Regards,
    Finn
    Last edited by Rommel1942; 10-22-2010 at 09:55 PM.