Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Authenticity of Flugzeugführerabzeichen mit Etui.

Article about: Hellow Everyone... I need some assistance in identifying and authenticating this Pilots Badge and Case. I appreciate any assistance anyone can provide. Thank you! Luft

Default Authenticity of Flugzeugführerabzeichen mit Etui.

Hellow Everyone...

I need some assistance in identifying and authenticating this Pilots Badge and Case. I appreciate any assistance anyone can provide.

Thank you!

Luft
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authenticity of Flugzeugführerabzeichen mit Etui.   Authenticity of Flugzeugführerabzeichen mit Etui.  

Authenticity of Flugzeugführerabzeichen mit Etui.   Authenticity of Flugzeugführerabzeichen mit Etui.  

Last edited by Adrian; 07-16-2012 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authenticity of Flugzeugführerabzeichen mit Etui.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Authenticity of Flugzeugführerabzeichen mit Etui.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Can you post a better shot of the front please? Straight on and not at an angle and a bit closer if possible? The badge looks like an original FLL in tombak but better pics would confirm it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

This badge, does, indeed, look very much like an unmarked FLL. I am not in love with the hardware on it, however.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Attachment 371675

- - Updated - -

I posted what I think is a better shot of the badge straight on. Let me know if you need any other shots....

?

The pic isn't showing.......

Can you also take a photo of the reverse, straight on with the pin down please?

I've seen this hardware on other badges attributed to FLL, a Para and Pilot/Observer so it stands a chance.

?

From these pictures, I don't like it, different set-up, also the rivets also totally different from a tombak or zinc FLL pilot badge.

I agree with János. Like I said, the eagle Looks like an FLL-down to the die flaw in the eagles beak, but the rest of the badge is questionable. The hinge, for example, looks like it's a different metal from the pin. And I do not like the odd shiny spots on the back of the eagle wings where they attach to the wreath. It could well be an unrecognized FLL variant, but it would not be for me.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hey Guys!!
    I just wanted to thank you for your opinions on this badge!! Just to let you know, I posted it on another forum just to get as many eyes on it as I could because it was so "marginal" at least in my opinion and those who evaluated it on the other forum came to the same conclusions, so I cant thank everyone enough!! I, obviously, passed on the badge, but this is a good example of how someone could easily be burned. On the surface and with a quick once over, someone might purchase this badge and case, so I dont know if we keep a forum here of examples of "bad" medals or LW Medals that are not good, but if we do, then this should go in that pictoral as not authentic and for reference purposes.
    Thank you!!!

Matt

?

The 'search' facility is there for any future reference purposes.