Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Azad Hind Order of the Hero without Swords

Article about: Here is a piece I have had a long while.

Default Azad Hind Order of the Hero without Swords

Here is a piece I have had a long while.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Azad Hind Order of the Hero without Swords   Azad Hind Order of the Hero without Swords  

Azad Hind Order of the Hero without Swords   Azad Hind Order of the Hero without Swords  

Azad Hind Order of the Hero without Swords  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Azad Hind Order of the Hero without Swords
    P
    Many

Hard to say. Is it postwar ¿ If not, its in very nice condition. This was for Hindu war helpers of the axis.

Its the real deal. A very hard piece to find I also have the Azad Hind Order of the Warlord breast star with case.

What exactly Are the differences between a wartime Souval Azad Hind and a, say, June 1945 Souval Azad Hind? I've always liked the looks of these Indian medals, but have never been able to tell May 7, 1945 from May 10,1945 pieces? Are there tell-tales to look for?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

You have a very valid question. The post war pieces especially the martyr were produced for vets up until the 1980's in India. They are not the same quality by no means. Rudolf Souval was the proprietary producer of this particular award during WW2. The cases are hard covered no glow synthetic silk lined with crushed velvet
    retaining the award. The real key is that the Azad Hind shield with tigers head is real gold plated. I hope this helps with your question. I will get photos of the other award if you would like? My collecting days are over, and will probably let them go in the future.

Certainly would like to see the second award also! Azad Hind pieces, like I said, have always been a gray mystery spot for me!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."