Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Bandenkampfabzeichen in Bronze

Article about: Hello - I need opinions on this Bandenkampfabzeichen in Bronze, it is supposed to be an original - I do not doubt it but I still need verification.

?

Default Bandenkampfabzeichen in Bronze

Hello -

I need opinions on this Bandenkampfabzeichen in Bronze, it is supposed to be an original - I do not doubt it but I still need verification.

Last edited by Mint; 01-19-2019 at 01:31 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bandenkampfabzeichen in Bronze
    P
    Many

Hello,

I'm not an expert with these pieces. However, I don't think this is an authentic example. The reverse hardware is not something I've ever seen on these badges. Nor have I seen one with that type of semi-hollow backing. Plus, to me, it doesn't look like this badge is made out of zinc.

Wait for more opinions, I'm sure someone will be along who is better versed than I, along with some examples.

raz
    ?

Not like any originals in Mr Scapini book ( The Anti Partisan Badge ) or any I looked at in any forums or dealer sites . Complete fake in my opinion .

?

Ironically I was able to get Mr. Scapini to review the photos on this page and he confirms it is real.

He says: "I don't remember if that badge is published in my book r [sic] not, but that's for sure a one looker original... the hardware setup is well known to be wartime, used by various wartime makers."

Unless one of the site experts have any honest disagreements about this piece I am inclined to believe it is the real deal.

raz
    ?

Congratulations on a nice award , I stand corrected , It is the semi flat back by souval and is in the book . Sorry for any confusion I may have caused . My mistake . I will try harder in the future ... According to Scapini's book it is very rare . Don't know how I missed it the first time . Thanks for coming back to correct me .

raz
    ?

For the forum and people who do not have The Anti Partisan book it is stated only 10 of these were known at time of publication which was 2015 according to the pub date . I am sure there are a lot of collectors who already know this but for me ( small time collector ) it is a learning experience and hope it will help others who use this forum . This is the first and only one I have seen period . Thank you Mint for posting it .

?

I have always liked the way these look.
    Congrats on your addition!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by raz View Post
    Congratulations on a nice award , I stand corrected , It is the semi flat back by souval and is in the book
    A very nice example in what appears to be slightly worn condition!

My references tell me it is by an unknown maker, but those are dated prior to Antonio's book.
    He may have found some evidence of the connection to Souval.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)