MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Bandenkampfabzeichen Gold

Article about: I have been doing a lot of research on this particular badge. It is one of the holy grails of TR badges. It appears that this badge though is highly reproduced. I have not seen them come up

Default Bandenkampfabzeichen Gold

I have been doing a lot of research on this particular badge. It is one of the holy grails of TR badges. It appears that this badge though is highly reproduced. I have not seen them come up for sale often, until yesterday on a vendor site. Being that the badge for sale looked like a gold example the $3,995 was a deal. Well by lunch time it was gone from site. I checked last night a data base that I have created for the badge and found some interesting info. There is a post from Big Ned showing a very good fake. The skull is a 100 point match. Wonder what some experts think, real or fake.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bandenkampfabzeichen Gold  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bandenkampfabzeichen Gold
    P
    Many

That's really difficult John,

I know that just recently there has been some super copies that I have tried to acquire of this badge but always a little too late finding them.

The badge you posted looks like a good one the only reservation I have is the hinge looks to have a centre too small for the outer barrels.

I would be interested in having the link that your refer to and perhaps Joachim will be able to tell us either way but for now I'd be plumping (off these pictures) for a good Juncker type 2

Cheers
    Doug

Hi Doug

I heard on this board that the SOS had a couple for sale. Here is the listing on this board that had what I thought as a possible match to the LS APB. On this possible match badge the catch is definitely wrong, but the catch could have been changed.

warrelics.eu/forum/orders-decorations-third-reich/bandenkampfabzeichen-opinions-452697

posted 7-06-2014 7.57 pm

John
    Attached Images Attached Images Bandenkampfabzeichen Gold 

Mmm,
    thanks for the picture John,
    It does look very similar. I do notice a few minor differences but taking a second look at the LT badge I would really like to see some better pictures. That gilt wash doesn't look right

They are not pictures that you would lay out a load of money for the item.

The one you posted does look to be made out of brass. Nice filler as long as it is sold for what it is.

All the best
    Doug

CBH
    ?

The ad states it's a bronze version.
    Check their site.

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    The ad states it's a bronze version.
    Check their site.
    Clearly advertised as bronze and definitely still for sale.

Regards
    Brett

I do see that APB has come back up for sale. It was posted "not available" on Friday lunch time though, after being for sale earlier in the morning. I do see that it is listed as a bronze C.E. Junker, $3,699.95. I also noticed that the top of the handle is not straight. There is so much to know about these badges to tell if real or cast. There are things to look for called footprints, but one would need much better pics to see them. Safer to go with a PAB25

John