Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bandenkampfabzeichen. Opinions???

Article about: Hi all fellow TR junkies, I have had this in my collection for some time now and I think it is authentic. However I am not an expert on badges and I was thinking about releasing it from coll

Default Re: Anti-Partisan Badge Opinions???

Yeah me too.
    I would like to think I am little wiser and not so prone to impulse decisions/purchases, but get in the right environment and excited about about something I love and I will convince myself that I just can't live without it. LoL

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bandenkampfabzeichen. Opinions???
    P
    Many

?

That's why I won't go to auctions .

Quote by winterhilfswerk Book View Post
    I don't think that you will find anyone out there that can say that these existed 100%. Like I said before they have never been seen in period photo or documentation to my knowledge. Thomas Bendixen is the foremost expert on the APB in my opinion and the last I saw from him he was still not solid either way. The jury is still out on if these 'massive' pieces came first or second...theories on bombed out Juncker factories and new dies being made...who really knows 100%.
    I can only agree with winterhilfswerk.The opinion is going to a postwar APB (Juncker made?).There are also APB from Steinhauer & Lück was made after the war.The details and design,looks good from your shown badge.The hight should be around 59 mm and the width? around 49 mm.

Agreed...I think you really need to weigh and measure the badge. You'll need a digital scale and some really accurate calipers. When you are talking about fractions of a gram it is important to make sure that your scale is calibrated.

Even with these numbers you still won't be able to tell someone that this is 100% a wartime manufactured badge. The best you can do is explain all the information that is currently available to the collecting community and provide the weight and measurements and then offer a lifetime return on the badge if it is ever found that these were 100% (conclusively) made post May 1945. That is about the only thing you can really do in my opinion. I commend you for not wanting to pass off a suspect badge...but in this case I think that even with the information available you would still have no issues finding a buyer for this 'massive' APB.

All the best in your decision!
    Chrys

@ Kradmelder
    @ winterhilfswerk

Ok that is great food for thought. I need to find some digital scales and I think I have a caliper in the tool box some where. Once I get the specifications I will post it, but it does sound like it will really iron out the truth. As it appears it will still be speculation, but I am glad I did this as I learned a lot from you guys on the subject. Thanks for all your help at this point.

Im no pro when it comes to these but i read up on them as i had 2 different ones come into my collection however turned out one was a known fake a filler of sorts the other i thought sure was real the detail was superb (lol) until i read that there were 3 cut outs or holes on the real ones. Another for my wall of shame

Quote by Gary Bryan View Post
    Im no pro when it comes to these but i read up on them as i had 2 different ones come into my collection however turned out one was a known fake a filler of sorts the other i thought sure was real the detail was superb (lol) until i read that there were 3 cut outs or holes on the real ones. Another for my wall of shame
    It gave different variants from Juncker.Juncker Typ1 semi hollow and Juncker Typ2 semi hollow,with different number of cut outs.It gave it also without a cut out.

Personally, I don't care for the soft detailing, and there are a number of discrepancies in some of the design bits. I would not want this piece in my collection.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Personally, I don't care for the soft detailing, and there are a number of discrepancies in some of the design bits. I would not want this piece in my collection.
    Yea with this AP Badge it is really a tough call. Regardless it is part of my collection and I think it will remain in my collection for years to come.

Unless I get absolute proof that it is not a post war badge.

But thank for your comments.

i have opne i purchased from latvia a while back and the weight pluss demensions are height58 width 49 thick big detail perfect teeth sharp i cant believe it isnt real but i believe its a repro if we cant go off demensions and we dont have a hallmark. is it real who knows just hope you didnt have to pay a arm&leg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast