Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bandenkampfabzeichen for opinions...

Article about: Hi all. I received these photos from a gentleman who has quite a few Luftwaffe related items passed to him from his father. I know how difficult these are to come across so I wanted to post

?

Default Bandenkampfabzeichen for opinions...

Hi all. I received these photos from a gentleman who has quite a few Luftwaffe related items passed to him from his father. I know how difficult these are to come across so I wanted to post it here for opinions. Hopefully someone here has experience with these and can provide some guidance as to whether or not it's a good one. I can compare it all day long to the examples on sites like, www.military-awards.eu and Anti-Partisan Badge of the Heer, and to me it looks good. But I've learned from dagger collecting that the real experience comes from handling them, so hopefully someone here has handled the real deal and can tell me what they think about this one. If additional photos are needed, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Dzyner
    Last edited by Adrian; 02-21-2013 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bandenkampfabzeichen for opinions...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Anti-Partisan badge for opinions...

Can't tell what grade it is, but I think on the pictures supplied this could well be a genuine half hollow Juncker type 1. You need better shots of the reverse with the pin closed, close photo's of the hinge from all angles and the recessed area it sits in including the little 'tab' at the top of the badge. The catch needs the same treatment, different angles front, side etc.

The obverse looks pretty good to me, but some close shots dead straight on, of the skull and snakes (especially the left ones) wouldn't hurt.

I think it has a good chance, but you need someone like Joachim (Kradmelder) to take a squint as he has a lot more experience in these badges, I think he's got two!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Default Re: Anti-Partisan badge for opinions...

Thanks for the feedback Ned. Hopefully Kradmelder finds this thread. Maybe I'll try and ping him as well. In the meantime I'll see what I can do about getting more photos.

?

Default Re: Bandenkampfabzeichen for opinions...

Try a search too. Joachim has posted his badges here before.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thanks Adrian. I actually PM'd him a little while ago so with any luck we'll hear from him soon.

I like also what i can see.But a pic with a closed pin would be very good as Ned stated.Ned you made a good job!

All what i can see looks very good!A nice type 1 APB imo.

Greetings
    Joe

When we compare my APB with the badge of dzyner,we can see a few details they are looking identical.These are important fingerprints of the APB`s made by Juncker.

But i think the tools of this two APB`s was different.Please have a look for example to the head of the snakes.Juncker used a few different tools for the production of the APB´s.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bandenkampfabzeichen for opinions...  

pic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bandenkampfabzeichen for opinions...  

Hi Joe,

The little 'pimple' caused by mold flash you indicate with the red arrow is one of the main reasons I liked this badge. It just doesn't appear on any of the fake Juncker APB's i've seen. There are other subtle differences I know, the snakes snout, skull eye sockets etc. to name a few, but that does seem to be noticable in a remarkable number of original badges, maybe not all, but nevertheless, if it's there it's a good sign!

I wonder how much it is?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ned,

i see you spend a lots of time for study the APB`s.And you are a collector with a very good knowing of different collecting fields.So it is for you not a big problem for study every badges.I think the working of the APB`s is not ended.So i spend also often time to study this badges.A lot of askings are open to this time imo.

Here for example my type 2 APB.The red arrow fingerprints are missing!But for sure a 100% good badge....

Bad to the bone Ned.My english is so bad.I hope you understand what i mean guys!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast