Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

bandenkampfabzeichen opinions

Article about: hi to all. im interrested to this badge but i would like to be really sure. for me a good one but 2 of my friends think that this piece is junk. thank you for help.

Default bandenkampfabzeichen opinions

hi to all. im interrested to this badge but i would like to be really sure. for me a good one but 2 of my friends think that this piece is junk. thank you for help.

bandenkampfabzeichen opinionsbandenkampfabzeichen opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement bandenkampfabzeichen opinions
    P
    Many

Personally, I am not liking this badge. There is an extra cut out and the detailing of the snakes and other design items is fairly poor. The "goggles" on the skull eyes should be touching, for example. The sword blade above the skull is almost blurred to obscurity and should be clear and obvious. The acorns have no cross hatch markings and are nearly simple blobs on this piece. The circles on the sword grip are not in align but are crooked and I definitely do not like the blob on the edge of the sword beneath the swastika. There are more details that are not right, but you get the picture. I would agree with your 2 friends on this one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Sorry. I'm not keen either. Stewy

thank you very much for your comments and help. this piece is offered by emedals.com....

Whilst it's purporting to be a type 2 BKA, with the acceptable 3 cut outs, thought to be made by Juncker, it's actually a pretty good fake. But it falls down big time on it's small size, as it will be found to be around 55mm high when measured rather than the correct measurement of around 58.5mm. The base metal is also incorrect, and some are even made from buntmetall, but still wrong.

Here is the exact same fake badge below, look carefully at the small flaws and dents on both obverse and reverse that are the same on both, these are damage from the original badge the fake was cast from and would not be identical on any two badges, unless they were cast from a mold that had been made from a worn original. The overall detail is soft as already mentioned, and the thin flatwire copper catch is a big no-no as well, but as can be seen below, various types are encountered, as are different hinges and pins when present. It's close on first appearances, but ultimately it's junk.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture bandenkampfabzeichen opinions   bandenkampfabzeichen opinions  

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.