MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber

Article about: The 'pimple' that Leon refers to is not found on the snakes nose, it's on the lower part of the body immediately IN FRONT OF the snakes nose, and as I said before, is not always seen. The pr

Default Re: Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber

The 'pimple' that Leon refers to is not found on the snakes nose, it's on the lower part of the body immediately IN FRONT OF the snakes nose, and as I said before, is not always seen. The problem I find with a lot of BKA's is that very often you won't find two of the same type, same maker, that are exactly alike. From looking at these badges closely, it's apparent to me that they had great difficulty in producing these to a uniform degree of finish, and that may be due to the unavailability of suitable metals/alloys that are best used for reasonably complex designs and the stresses encountered by the materials in the forming process.

There are always differences in the thickness of the edges, mold/die flash, warping, stress cracks and as Joe has pointed out, obscured detail due to perhaps an uncleaned die, as highlighted by him in his diagnostic of the original photo.

All that being said, original examples can be spotted over bad ones, but it takes careful study and an understanding of the variables that are nearly always found on these badges to come to a conclusion one way or the other besides perhaps more obvious 'tells' such as say, incorrect rear set up etc.

I think that if someone is to comment on these particular badges they should state precise reasons as to why they think they're good or bad, rather than vague and sometimes misleading comments that offer little or no substance to the veracity thereof, or not, of the badge under scrutiny. This is why I value Joe and Adrian's carefully worded and considered opinions. When you're thinking of spending lots of your cash on something like this, you need to be as certain as possible that it's good, and the more accurate the info, the better.

BTW, I think the type 2 badge above is good also.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    The cutouts shoult be o.k. Adrian imo.What don´t like you on the cutouts Adrian?
    I was a little dubious about them and the shapes of them in comparison to other badges of the same type.

However, with a bit more study and taking into consideration what Ned points out above, the differences in the quality of materials against the complexity of design makes the variables in judging these badges quite vast on such a small scale. The whole picture needs to be seen and what has been pointed out so far should be enough for the potential buyer to make an informed decision whether to make a purchase.

These badges aren't for the faint hearted or novice collector but the collective knowledge here is a valuable tool in aiding anyone to make a considered judgement.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by big ned View Post
    . When you're thinking of spending lots of your cash on something like this, you need to be as certain as possible that it's good, and the more accurate the info, the better.

Agree 100% Ned and my only reason for posting this thread.I was interested but its been snapped up very quickly,tells its own story folks...lovely rare piece!

Jamie Cross is a good dealer who I have bought from before.

I'm sure this is a good one.

Hi Kevin,

why it is in your opinion a good Bandenkampfabzeichen?Can you explain us your thoughts?

Regards
    Joachim

From what i can see it looks like a typical Juncker type 2. But furter i'm not expert in these. It is already sold.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2