Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bandenkampfabzeichen - Surprisingly well made...?

Article about: Hello, I am posting this Anti Partisan badge that i believe is a well made fake - i have seen a quite a few fakes in my short time collecting but have not seen this level of detail before. W

Default Bandenkampfabzeichen - Surprisingly well made...?

Hello,

I am posting this Anti Partisan badge that i believe is a well made fake - i have seen a quite a few fakes in my short time collecting but have not seen this level of detail before.

While i assume it is a fake as it would probably win the "most faked badge" award, i feel it is a good idea to post fakes in order to build a database of good/bad for our community.

(this award came with an arbeitsbuch and a volkspflege medaille that i purchased..)

I will post macro shots soon - this was using my phone!

I appreciate any comments

Kindest Regards

Bandenkampfabzeichen - Surprisingly well made...?Bandenkampfabzeichen - Surprisingly well made...?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bandenkampfabzeichen - Surprisingly well made...?
    P
    Many

?

It is a fake, yes and as always, photos of fakes are just as valuable as photo of genuine pieces.

There is a Bandenkampfabzeichen 'fakes' thread here for anyone wishing to post images of their fakes badges. It would be good to have as many as possible all in one place for easy future reference.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Adrian,

Thankyou for your reply, For myself and other members of the community would you mind pointing out areas to look for when appraising a Bandenkampfabzeichen?

I have scoured the internet to the best of my abilities but there are so many differing examples/opinions i do not trust the opinions reflected from "random" websites, I for one trust the knowledge of senior collectors/members and would very much appreciate a good picture of a guaranteed original to this thread or even better the good/fake thread to differentiate.

Kindest Regards

?

I am quite unqualified to give you any details regarding how to appraise such a badge as I don't own one or have much experience with them but there are a few members here who are much better placed to point out the main areas to look at and identify.

Have a look here, here, here and here to get started.

You can type 'Bandenkampfabzeichen into the search box on this sub forum and you will find many thread that deal with these badges and some good indicators to look for when trying to authenticate a piece.

a quality fake.

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    a quality fake.
    Yet when compared to an original, many, many differences..........

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Yet when compared to an original, many, many differences..........
    Really a poor fake!Nothing is fitting,compared with a original Bandenkampfabzeichen.

Kradmelder; I agree a very poor copy. I have a couple holed away. I suppose I need to make a trip, and retrieve a few of my pieces.

Not a fake, it's to be sold was a quality replica with superb details. Not made to fool collectors or beginners.
    ...shame on you......when someone is buying a piece like these and try to sell as original.

See it at this link:
    high quality Anti-Partisan War Badge in Bronze with LDO Box for sale

Regards.,

Von River

Thankyou for all the replies, except for...

VonRiver

Not a fake, it's to be sold was a quality replica with superb details. Not made to fool collectors or beginners.
    ...shame on you......when someone is buying a piece like these and try to sell as original.
    Von River I have no idea who your comment is directed at but I do not appreciate being told "shame on you" and I do not believe anyone else in this community would.

Not a single post in this thread has tried to sell this item It was merely posted as a fake so that a collector would have something to compare his item to if someone were to attempt to sell one of these "replicas" as originals...

Kindest Regards

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast