Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

BandKampfAbzeichen opinions

Article about: Hello All, I have been looking at this badge for several weeks now. I know the pictures are of poor quality and at first I put it down to being a good cast of an original badge. My initial c

Hi Doug, I have watched your thread from afar as I did not want to give you any "duff" opinions as I was unsure from the original images. That now said, your new pictures show this to be a beauty of an award. Well done on "sticking your neck out" and getting it! One day maybe I will be lucky enough to get one!! Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BandKampfAbzeichen opinions
    P
    Many

?

Thumbs up

Well the Ost Volk isn't a problem at this point.
    Here is the complete set of Ost Volk medals and some of the envelopes for them. Somewhere I have cases for the 1.Kl also.
    Yes, I think that I still have everything that is on that towel, Plus I've spent the intervening 60+ yrs adding to it.
    BandKampfAbzeichen opinions BandKampfAbzeichen opinions
    Sarge

Quote by Sarge View Post
    Well the Ost Volk isn't a problem at this point.
    Here is the complete set of Ost Volk medals and some of the envelopes for them. Somewhere I have cases for the 1.Kl also.
    Yes, I think that I still have everything that is on that towel, Plus I've spent the intervening 60+ yrs adding to it.
    Sarge
    Nice collection of Ostvolk kit Sarge. WE have corresponded in the past about Eastern Volunteer items. Thanks for posting.
    As there are 3 variants of each grade of the second class awards if you ever get chance to do some HD pictures front and rear of the ones you have it would be appreciated if you could post them.

All the best
    Doug

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Doug, I have watched your thread from afar as I did not want to give you any "duff" opinions as I was unsure from the original images. That now said, your new pictures show this to be a beauty of an award. Well done on "sticking your neck out" and getting it! One day maybe I will be lucky enough to get one!! Leon.
    Thanks for your input Leon.
    This was my 'holy grail' badge to get.
    I just knew there must have been some out there in old vet collections but after many years none had come along.
    I've had quite a few bundles of memorabilia from ex members of the Galacian division come my way but they never had the anti partisan badge in them.
    At last...and it's a gold. Only the bronze and silver to get now
    All the best
    Doug

Made an group shot this year from my three Bandenkampfabzeichen. I like the comparing between similar variants and the similarities are good to see when you have an look side by side. Since i am a collector of Militaria stuff, i was interested in Bandenkampfabzeichen and over the years i could get this three badges.

KR
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BandKampfAbzeichen opinions   BandKampfAbzeichen opinions  

?

Bringing back this 5+ year old thread because I've been studying Antonio's excellent book and I'm really impressed with this beautiful badge owned by Saladin. If I were to grade it, my call would be a 3.1--- with the "flat-head" 5th snake 2.3 is the only other possibility. That makes the decision between group 1 or 2 and it has to be the latter due to the thin Sonnenrad/surrounding rings, upper jaw shape of snake #2, and eye shape of snake #5. The skull appears to be the smaller variety with less defined sutures. Also note the defect by the acorn just above snake head #1.

I would rule out "type 1" since cutouts aren't neatly trimmed, Sonnenrad is not thick type, there's not a third layer of oak leaves anywhere, and reverse hardware isn't long barrel/needle pin. Anyway, a good exercise in grading and please critique my eval if not correct!

I just noticed big ned is an In Memoriam member, how very sad RIP and condolences to his loved ones. Archives prove he studied this hobby with great zest and diligence, I've learned tons from what he has posted.

?

it is a must get book. I have one.

Yes, Ned sadly passed away in 2019 I believe.... I wonder what became of his vast collection of high end awards?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3