Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Being offered this medal bar

Article about: I am being offered this medal bar for 120e, I have little doubt as to its authenticity but am curious to know if its priced correctly all the best, Stefan

Default Re: Being offered this medal bar

I would agree with Adrian.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Being offered this medal bar
    P
    Many

?

Ok thanks for the advice guys, right now i have something else I have my eyes on

all the best,
    Stefan

If it was put together, then I would recommend not buying it.

Corey

?

It seems we may have judged this too quickly. The guys on WAF believe it to be original and just placed incorrectly. If this is true is still worth 110e?

all the best,
    Stefan

Being offered this medal barBeing offered this medal bar

These are not my photos, if the owner of the photo requests for it to be removed it will be.

I have seen folks who don't know any better place medals out of order,
    or put the wrong ribbons and devices on medals, so it would not be
    inconceivable to find original pieces made up incorrectly from
    day one - as the above photo illustrates.

As long as all the pieces are 100% original, and not repro........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

The above photo does illustrate that mistakes did happen, thank you for posting it.

The medals are authentic, no question, the placement on the medalbar is what's wrong. It's up to you, one forum says it's good, another has cast doubt on it. Are you happy to have it and look at it in your collection? Will you look at it and always have a nagging doubt whether it's real or been made up? Would you rather look for another with no questions marks over it?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Right you are Adrian. That is really what it comes down to.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    The above photo does illustrate that mistakes did happen, thank you for posting it.

The medals are authentic, no question, the placement on the medalbar is what's wrong. It's up to you, one forum says it's good, another has cast doubt on it. Are you happy to have it and look at it in your collection? Will you look at it and always have a nagging doubt whether it's real or been made up? Would you rather look for another with no questions marks over it?
    Well i dont really want it because it is a bar, i wanted it for the medals, I have been looking for a nice minty okt medal with prague bar for a while and Wehrmacht awards is just a bonus. Would the price be correct for the medals alone? And ill take this forum's opinion with much more weight than WAF, you guys are really great. Waf feels like a city while this place feels like small village where you know everyone .

all the best,
    Stefan

There is to many self proclaimed experts out there. This is why I stick to this site only, to many opinions can become very confusing. My advice, slow down. I know it very easy to want to buy everything when you first start but patients will proved quality pieces. Try to learn first before buying, I wish I'd had. Now I am stuck weaving out all my fakes and lost a ton of cash in the process! If you just want the metals, want till you find them. There millions of sites out there with both of these for sale!

?

Quote by thekid View Post
    Well i dont really want it because it is a bar, i wanted it for the medals, I have been looking for a nice minty okt medal with prague bar for a while and Wehrmacht awards is just a bonus. Would the price be correct for the medals alone? And ill take this forum's opinion with much more weight than WAF, you guys are really great. Waf feels like a city while this place feels like small village where you know everyone .

all the best,
    Stefan
    The has to be a village idiot joke there somewhere.......

If you just want the medals, just buy them individually. They're quite easy to find and you might find them cheaper.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2