MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Bizarre Krim Shield

Article about: Hi all, This is my unmarked Krim Shield. Nothing unusual just your average example. But it has a most interesting characteristic, In the middle of the southern side of the island in the Dzha

Default Bizarre Krim Shield

Hi all,
    This is my unmarked Krim Shield. Nothing unusual just your average example.

Bizarre Krim ShieldBizarre Krim Shield

But it has a most interesting characteristic, In the middle of the southern side of the island in the Dzharylhats ka Gulf ....I think that's the location.... there appears to be some form of reflective material impregnated into the base metal of the shield. This glows bright red and radiates red beams of light in right lighting conditions (In the evenings when my rooms light is switched on) and I tend to think some sort of reflective material (red glass, semi precious stone etc) has been pushed into the shield during pressing. A minute fragment may have been present on the die and was impregnated into the parent metal of the shield when the strike occurred and in the correct lighting conditions light refraction does the rest.
    These images were taken in poor light and with a poor camera so it was difficult to get the correct light effect. But the red dot radiates beams (it's not captured in these images with the exception of the last to a small degree).If you magnify the images you can see the effect much clearer.

Bizarre Krim ShieldBizarre Krim ShieldBizarre Krim Shield

Bizarre I feel ........
    But easy to explain.

I had to take around 20 images to get these three. Just couldn't get it right.

All the best
    Dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bizarre Krim Shield
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bizarre Krim Shield

Hi,looks a nice shield with a strange unique oddity to it.I hope this soldiers other awards did not have similar reactions to light conditions,he would have been lit up like a Christmas tree!! LOL. Leon.

Default Re: Bizarre Krim Shield

He would have Leon
    The point is just on a fold in the pressing (edge of the island).
    I wish I could get a better image as it lights up like a pin sized red beacon.It's quite stunning.
    It's a different light to a metallic reflection more like glass or something similar for sure.

All the best
    Dave