Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Blutorden 1st and 2nd pattern

Article about: For my first post on the forum here a display of some of my favorite blood orders

Default Blutorden 1st and 2nd pattern

For my first post on the forum here a display of some of my favorite blood orders

Blutorden 1st and 2nd patternBlutorden 1st and 2nd pattern

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Blutorden 1st and 2nd pattern
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Well...that is an entrance if I have ever seen one.

Rare and equally as expensive.

Not an area I am near qualified to opine on however.

Member Robin Lumsden has a few nice threads on these.

Blutorden

Blutorden - Buttonholed !!

Blutorden Nr. 1627
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Goodness, four of them! This is not my area of expertise at all, but I know enough to be amazed that you have more than one, let alone four. Between both issues, weren't there only about 4,000 made? Have you figured out who those four were presented to?

Thanks guys ! Yes about 4200 blood orders were awarded : 1500 from the first series and roughly 2700 from the second.
    The 4 blood orders posted here are attributed. I have been especially lucky with the 2nd patterns which are rarely identified (since there is no list yet connecting the names with the corresponding BO Numbers)
    Here a few more photos !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blutorden 1st and 2nd pattern   Blutorden 1st and 2nd pattern  

This one is MINT ! Well preserved in its case
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blutorden 1st and 2nd pattern  

I didn't realize it was hard to attribute the 2nd pattern to its owner. I guess I had only heard about the first pattern, each being numbered and that number being associated with a specific person on a list. Well, good for you that you know who they went to! That makes any item more interesting when you own it.

?

Wow! That is a humdinger. Wonderful set you have there.
    I've have seen them posted in pairs but this is the first time seeing 4 of a kind.
    With boxes none the less.

Since these are attributed, Would you mind sharing on who the recipients were?

Thank you for sharing your treasures and welcome to the forum.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Here is the last BO I have identified: It belonged to SS Untersturmführer, Hans Mann.
    The previous owner bought it directly from H.Mann in 1969 and kept it during almost 50 years in his collection.
    Hans Mann was awarded GPB #53373 and was active at the concentration camp Auschwitz
    PS: I don't know why some photos are upside down...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blutorden 1st and 2nd pattern   Blutorden 1st and 2nd pattern  

MAP
    ?

If you are uploading the photos directly from your photo they often are rotated. This has to do with the phone having setting it as landscape but it appears to be portrait when you view it (as phones have auto rotate screens).

Best bet is to download to the PC, rotate, slightly edit the photo (crops, brighten, etc.) and then save. This works every time.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Excellent BO collection.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast