Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Blutorden...a fake?

Article about: Hello... I found this Blutorden. It will be on auction in June. Right now there's no minimum bet available. Do you think this is a real Blutorden...or just a (good?) fake. Thanks for any hel

HO boy what a difference against Chens one,bad details.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Blutorden...a fake?
    P
    Many

Chen is correct the cased example pictured is a fake.

Chen, thank you for posting a picture of a medal that belongs in my collection, shame you decide to post pictures of others collections and not your own.

Yes the medal in question is a copy, not a terrible one though.

I hope Chen posted picture of Your medal just for a good reason - for historical reseach. I do not collect medals or awards, I collect photos. And it happens all the time somebody posts a photo i have in my collection.

There are also several photos posted in this webpage. So what - actually all these photos are really not mine because i have not made them. And also Your collection of awards is only legally yours - you have not ever earned any of them.

Thanks, I appreciate your comments. Some collectors, including Chen, know that I prefer not to post close up pictures of the reverse of my medals, usually. You are correct, we are only the legal owners of these items, these so important pieces of history.

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    I hope Chen posted picture of Your medal just for a good reason - for historical reseach. I do not collect medals or awards, I collect photos. And it happens all the time somebody posts a photo i have in my collection.

There are also several photos posted in this webpage. So what - actually all these photos are really not mine because i have not made them. And also Your collection of awards is only legally yours - you have not ever earned any of them.
    No one should be saving and randomly posting photos that are taken by other collectors of items in their collections without giving credit where it is due.
    If I take photos of items in my collection, those photos are my property and I hope that no one posts them without giving me credit. (That is why I watermark them). It is no different than me making something and selling it only to have someone else claim that they made it.
    It is wrong!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph, the medal was sold previously by a dealer so it is possible the photo was saved from then. However my point is why not use one of a medal in your own collection when responding on a forum, rather than one that does not belong to you. I'd better not comment further ! anyway the medal that started the thread, 100% not real.

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post

Frundsberg,
    You have a point here. Anyway,
    1. I have no 2nd pattern BO, so a 2nd pattern ( of similar number range) is required here to compare with the fake.
    2. Someone need to demonstrate that no pictures were ever taken ( by former owner, collector, family or dealer) before. It is "naive" to say no credit is given to him is he only see a picture of a medal now ends up in his collection.

?

Hi guys,

just one comment to what JonFish and Frundsberg wrote:

Quote by JonFish View Post
    ...You are correct, we are only the legal owners of these items...
    Don't misunderstand me...I'm also collecting third reich stuff...but actually I don't think that we are the legal owners of most of These items.
    Yes...we paid Money for them. But only if the original owner of the stuff sold it you can say we are legal owners.

Be honest...most of the items were picked up by the vets and I guess no vet asked the owner of a Blood Order if he can take it home.
    It was personal property of the awarded Person. I read some books about this topic and even the US laws confirm that basically you have to call it theft.

Only if you pick up a state property like let's say a SA flag you can argue that the state ceased to exist and maybe it's no theft.
    But all items that were owned by individuals are their own property...

Am I right?

harti

Souveniring and outright looting have always had a very hazy line between them...not just in WWII but always and with All sides. As far back as ancient times, many soldiers fully expected to be compensated above their set wages by anything that they could find of the enemies that had value. In wartime, there are no nice neat clean rules...taking a dead enemy's wristwatch....or pulling out his gold teeth. Rooting about in an abandoned barracks.....or carrying off jewelry and antiques from a rich enemy's home. Arranging "dates" for food and supplies with desperate enemy women....or forcing physical contact on them in groups. It goes on and on. Rarely, if ever, are most that go "too far" ever held accountable. Once in awhile, they are. Some guys bring back a souvenir flag...some guys bring back diamonds and gold bars. Many commanders felt that their hard-fought victorious troops were Entitled to some sort of rewards for their sacrifices. Some were strictly against Any unauthorized bring-backs. Many heirlooms,national treasures and historical pieces simply vanish in post-war. Once in a very great while, it might resurface on the other side of the planet from an old soldier's estate, but in most cases, it never does. Take, just for example, the British Empire-the sun never set on it. It is beyond imagination what countless thousands of British soldiers brought back home as curios and souvenirs-from all over the World for Centuries, only to disappear into cellars, attics and sadly trash dumps as well.
    Unfortunately, this is just the way that History goes. Quite often understandable-sometimes appalling. One man's sacred is another man's drinking money. Today, from 1847, the Illinois National Guard Still keeps Mexican General Santa Anna's Leg and steadfastly refuses to even Consider giving it back. General Kitchener had the Mahdi's Skull made into a tobacco jar (or was it an inkwell? I forget)and had it on his desk for years. War is not now and never has been a pretty thing.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast