Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

The Book Review and Recommendation Thread.

Article about: For all around general reference I find Detlev Niemann's "Orders and Decorations of Germany 1871-1945" to be one of the best books out there. While certainly not free of mistakes i

For all around general reference I find Detlev Niemann's "Orders and Decorations of Germany 1871-1945" to be one of the best books out there. While certainly not free of mistakes it is still a volume that will help both a starting collector and an experienced one as well. One of few books on my shelves that show signs of usage.
    Good luck in your journey!
    cheers
    Matt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Book Review and Recommendation Thread.
    P
    Many

?

Here you go Ladies & Gents a couple of my favourite books.Both very interesting to read & even better to look at the pictures....Cheers Terry. The Book Review and Recommendation Thread.The Book Review and Recommendation Thread.The Book Review and Recommendation Thread.The Book Review and Recommendation Thread.

Thumbs up

I have the 'War Merit Cross' book and it is fascinating.......

?

I have to argee with you there Martin the book is a feast for the mark 1 eyeball...& it covers the 57 DKiG & silver too which is also an added bonus...I also have a few Osprey books which are easy reading too... Cheers Terry.

Quote by General View Post
    Hey, can I see shots of the inside please? Thank
    I will post some this weekend!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Please do Nick, I have been prevaricating about getting a subscription for some time. Internal photo's may push me over the edge.

Here you go chaps! I highly recommend this magazine.

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Book Review and Recommendation Thread.   The Book Review and Recommendation Thread.  

The Book Review and Recommendation Thread.   The Book Review and Recommendation Thread.  

The Book Review and Recommendation Thread.   The Book Review and Recommendation Thread.  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Would you guys recommend any good overall "3rd Reich medals" book? Specially for newbies.

I got Medals and Decorations of Hitlers Germany. Despite being very brief, it's informative for noobs like me. Only thing I found it lacking is pictures of the medals being worn, specially when there're many ways of wearing then.

Quote by Souljacker View Post
    Would you guys recommend any good overall "3rd Reich medals" book? Specially for newbies.

I got Medals and Decorations of Hitlers Germany. Despite being very brief, it's informative for noobs like me. Only thing I found it lacking is pictures of the medals being worn, specially when there're many ways of wearing then.
    This is a good start for you then. I picked up a copy a few months ago, it's great to have handy for a quick glance at some of the things you need to know, or can help in making a considered opinion on an item at a show or auction. just stick it in your man bag.

THE AWARDS OF THE HEER
    Vol. I
    By D. Maerz/B.Hartmann
    This first book of a two-volume set of reference books is the most complete work regarding the decorations a soldier of the German Wehrmacht could be awarded.

The War Badges covered in this volume are:
    • The Infantry Assault Badge
    • The Close Combat Clasp
    • The Panzer Assault Badge
    • The General Assault Badge
    • The Anti-Partisan Badge
    • The Tank Destruction Badge
    • The Aircraft Destruction Badge
    • The Army Flak Badge
    • The Sniper Badge
    • The Balloon Observer Badge
    • The Army Paratrooper Badge

448 pages • over 800 photos • deluxe binding
    $115.00 plus postage

Volume II is due out at the end of this year, that will cover shields, cuff titles, flower war medals and much more. I shall also be getting that when the chance arises.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hello,

Very interesting thread. The award of the heer is a good book, covering several badges and medals. It was my first book.
    Ned will agree with me: the book for the panzerkampsabzeichen is the book of Philippe de Bock:

Greg.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast