Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bought a small collection, need some advice

Article about: I think I´m going to get me another hobby, stamps or something, this is getting frustrating. Another forum says the PAB is a "genuine crimped set-up Steinhauer & Luck" and that

Default Re: Bought a small collection, need some advice

I think I´m going to get me another hobby, stamps or something, this is getting frustrating. Another forum says the PAB is a "genuine crimped set-up Steinhauer & Luck" and that the SA badges are all ok, allthough the gold is a polished bronze.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bought a small collection, need some advice
    P
    Many

?

I correct myself,from the new closer pictures, you are right about the Panzerkampf Abzeichen, its a crimped hinge S&L, but it would be much easier to tell you the genuineness of your badges if you would post straight pictures from the observe and reverse of the badges(each).
    Bought a small collection, need some adviceBought a small collection, need some advice

?

Zinc "65" gold wound badge original,unmarked minesweeper original, L/56 Coastal is a fake, wrong pin, maker mark etc, pilot badge fake.Assmann GAB looks also fake.
    Need pictures from the other wound badges and the IABs.

I Like the gold wound badge,but the rest are just questionable. The pilot,in particular,is awfully crude (look at the rivits!)and the General Assault doesn't look well either. Did you pay alot for this group?

?

Pictures are key when it comes to trying to identify these awards. I'm not aiming this at anyone in particular, just as a general point.
    I've said it many, many times, please post good quality, straight on front and back shots in natural light whenever possible.
    It is no good taking poor photos from a distance and asking members to identify whether or not an award is genuine. Use your macro feature, crop your photos before posting. If you can't tell with the item in hand, how can anyone else tell from a blurred out of focus image? The key to many of these awards is in the details, please give everyone a chance and lets see them!

If you haven't already seen it, please read the pinned thread at the top of the forum regarding photos. The link is here.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Tried to take some better pictures, hope they will make it easier.

Bought a small collection, need some adviceBought a small collection, need some adviceBought a small collection, need some adviceBought a small collection, need some adviceBought a small collection, need some adviceBought a small collection, need some adviceBought a small collection, need some adviceBought a small collection, need some adviceBought a small collection, need some adviceBought a small collection, need some adviceBought a small collection, need some adviceBought a small collection, need some adviceBought a small collection, need some adviceBought a small collection, need some adviceBought a small collection, need some adviceBought a small collection, need some adviceBought a small collection, need some adviceBought a small collection, need some adviceBought a small collection, need some adviceBought a small collection, need some advice
    Quote by AdrianC View Post
    Pictures are key when it comes to trying to identify these awards. I'm not aiming this at anyone in particular, just as a general point.
    I've said it many, many times, please post good quality, straight on front and back shots in natural light whenever possible.
    It is no good taking poor photos from a distance and asking members to identify whether or not an award is genuine. Use your macro feature, crop your photos before posting. If you can't tell with the item in hand, how can anyone else tell from a blurred out of focus image? The key to many of these awards is in the details, please give everyone a chance and lets see them!

If you haven't already seen it, please read the pinned thread at the top of the forum regarding photos. The link is here.

pilot and coast arty definitely bad,,,gab may be bad,,stamped bronze inf aslt bad,,silver one has a chance,,,rest good from the pics I see;and thanks so much for posting much better pics,,it really does help us blind old coots,,,

Thanks for the help, should have posted better pics in the first place.

Anyone else have any input on the GAB?

The GAB in question is certainly a tricky one. This particular maker has been faked to high heaven since the end of the war, when demand was sky high. Some features look ok and some a little soft and inaccurate. The presence of the 3 mark and the stamp marks are not clear indications of originality, in my opinion. Without seeing this in hand to guage wear levels etc, it is more difficult to tell. If you seriously want an answer on the GAB, PM me or post more close ups of front and rear. At slight angles to pick out some details, with the pin up and angled views of catch and hinge.

Like I say, I am as intrigued as anyone about this one.

A couple of closeups.

Bought a small collection, need some adviceBought a small collection, need some advice
    Quote by booboo252 View Post
    The GAB in question is certainly a tricky one. This particular maker has been faked to high heaven since the end of the war, when demand was sky high. Some features look ok and some a little soft and inaccurate. The presence of the 3 mark and the stamp marks are not clear indications of originality, in my opinion. Without seeing this in hand to guage wear levels etc, it is more difficult to tell. If you seriously want an answer on the GAB, PM me or post more close ups of front and rear. At slight angles to pick out some details, with the pin up and angled views of catch and hinge.

Like I say, I am as intrigued as anyone about this one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2