Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Boxed Mutter Kreuz in Gold w/Pin & Catch: Authentic Variant Piece?

Article about: Hey, guys. I recently saw this for sale for \\$60 and was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about it as I haven't come across one until now. From the looks of it, it appears to be goo

Question Boxed Mutter Kreuz in Gold w/Pin & Catch: Authentic Variant Piece?

Hey, guys. I recently saw this for sale for $60 and was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about it as I haven't come across one until now. From the looks of it, it appears to be good (to my novice eyes) but then there is the pin/catch on the back. My friend thought he saw an example like this in a book where it was discussed as a variant so as to be worn as a woman's brooch. Is this accurate and is this an authentic piece/authentic period variant? If an all-around good piece it seems that $50 would be a good price.

Thanks for any help or opinions!
    Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Boxed Mutter Kreuz in Gold w/Pin & Catch: Authentic Variant Piece?   Boxed Mutter Kreuz in Gold w/Pin & Catch: Authentic Variant Piece?  

Boxed Mutter Kreuz in Gold w/Pin & Catch: Authentic Variant Piece?   Boxed Mutter Kreuz in Gold w/Pin & Catch: Authentic Variant Piece?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Boxed Mutter Kreuz in Gold w/Pin & Catch: Authentic Variant Piece?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Boxed Mutter Kreuz in Gold w/Pin & Catch: Authentic Variant Piece?

I like it and I have seen these before. I believe it is a period modification, either for the owner to wear as a brooch or to stop the award swinging around when being worn on the ribbon around the neck.
    I would snap it up for $60 and be happy to have it in my collection.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Nice and unusual ! great find Adam

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Yes, a great find and $60 is a bargain.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I agree, Nick...an unusual piece. When I was looking for my 1st Mutter Kreuz I never came across even mention of this variant. I'm gonna go for it so hopefully it'll be mine by the end of the day...I'll let you know!

Best,
    Adam

Quote by aechols83 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. I agree, Nick...an unusual piece. When I was looking for my 1st Mutter Kreuz I never came across even mention of this variant. I'm gonna go for it so hopefully it'll be mine by the end of the day...I'll let you know!

Best,
    Adam
    Good luck mate
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Great price, get it

?

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Great price, get it

And if you don't get it, tell me where to get it!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi, guys. I've been reticent to write as I depressingly did not get this piece When I went back for it it had been sold. It did make me feel a bit better though that I got the price wrong...it was $80, I think.

Anyways, not meant to be and perhaps I'll come across one of these in the future...

Best to you all,
    Adam