Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British and German relations enamelled badge, clarification needed please

Article about: Hey guys, this badge is my brothers and im pretty sure its a fake, firstly it has two makers names on the back and also appears to have the 'coffin style pin', but its always good to have a

Default British and German relations enamelled badge, clarification needed please

Hey guys, this badge is my brothers and im pretty sure its a fake, firstly it has two makers names on the back and also appears to have the 'coffin style pin', but its always good to have a second opinion,
    Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British and German relations enamelled badge, clarification needed please   British and German relations enamelled badge, clarification needed please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement British and German relations enamelled badge, clarification needed please
    P
    Many

Default Re: British and German relations enamelled badge, clarification needed please

I would say it is fake, that pin is no good
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Default Re: British and German relations enamelled badge, clarification needed please

It is a 4th reich fantasy item.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    I would say it is fake, that pin is no good
    Coffin is the appropriate term for this form, I agree with those above.

All bad.
    Chris

KSH
    ?

I have nothing to add except that this thing does not carry markings from two different makers - just "from" "Deschler und Sohn".

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.

Hey guys, i totally agree with all your points which i made earlier but just posted it to see if there are any other big mistakes on it (apart from the whole badge itself )
    Thanks, Glen.

Well I guess if we are going to pick at a Fantasy item I will add that it would have to be "britische" not "britisch".

Eric

Haha, cheers Eric
    Thanks, Glen.

I have learned this from Andreas and here is his explanation hope this helps all understand.
    Eric

As a native speaker of German, I can assure you that it is simply and plainly wrong. The endings depend on factors such as gender, grammatical case and number.

For example, the basic adjective is Deutsch-britisch (= German-British), but it is Deutsch-britische Freundschaft (= German-British Friendship).
    Another example: Britischer Soldat (= British Soldier), but Britische Soldaten (= British soldiers)

No matter at what market such a badge was directed, a German manufacturer - particularly one as experienced and renowned as Deschler - would not get the endings wrong!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast