Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Brixen 1944 Kreisschiessen gold and silver badges

Article about: I am new to this forum, and I hope that I have posted this properly. My father served in tanks during wwii through north Africa and into Italy. He brought back several souvenirs, including t

Dennis Pietras
    ?

Default Brixen 1944 Kreisschiessen gold and silver badges

Brixen 1944 Kreisschiessen gold and silver badges
    I am new to this forum, and I hope that I have posted this properly. My father served in tanks during wwii through north Africa and into Italy. He brought back several souvenirs, including the Brixen 1944 Kreisschiessen gold and silver medals that I hopefully have attached to this post. I believe these to be genuine, since I recall seeing them in the cigar box of souvenirs in the late 50's or early 60's. I can't find images of these on the web. Can anyone please help identify what these are? Thank you, Dennis Pietras
    Last edited by Adrian; 05-14-2013 at 04:07 PM.

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Brixen 1944 Kreisschiessen gold and silver badges

Hi Dennis and welcome.

I've moved your post to a new thread to save it getting lost in the other one. I can't help on these badges unfortunately but I'm sure someone here can help.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Brixen 1944 Kreisschiessen gold and silver badges

These are marksmanship awards from the town of Brixen, in South Tyrol...Although I have a feeling you may already know that, lol...
    Never seen this version before...
    cheers, Glenn

I am also new to this forum & I see that this post is quite old. As I am not sure whether you will see this Dennis, I shall not waste too much time going into a lot of detail at this time.

Yes these pieces are genuine & quite rare. They are leistungs abzeichen, achivement badges, awarded for passing a minimum score for shooting. I can tell you a lot more about the festivals in general & the Brixen shoots in particular if you are still interested & see this post.

Send me an email or PM if you are still visiting Dennis.

Cheers

Dennis Pietras
    ?

Don,

I just sent you an email from my personal account. I hope that you got it.

Thanks,
    Dennis