Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Bunch of medals offered to me

Article about: Hi guys, first of all I would like to say happy new years! Second, I am being offered some of these medals, I feel like this is going to be a mix with good and bad, if you guys can help dete

?

Default Bunch of medals offered to me

Hi guys, first of all I would like to say happy new years! Second, I am being offered some of these medals, I feel like this is going to be a mix with good and bad, if you guys can help determine which are good and which are bad that would be much appreciated.

All the best,
    Stefan

Bunch of medals offered to meBunch of medals offered to meBunch of medals offered to meBunch of medals offered to meBunch of medals offered to meBunch of medals offered to meBunch of medals offered to meBunch of medals offered to meBunch of medals offered to meBunch of medals offered to meBunch of medals offered to meBunch of medals offered to meBunch of medals offered to meBunch of medals offered to meBunch of medals offered to meBunch of medals offered to meBunch of medals offered to meBunch of medals offered to meBunch of medals offered to meBunch of medals offered to meBunch of medals offered to meBunch of medals offered to me

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bunch of medals offered to me
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bunch of medals offered to me

Hi

Properly best to post the items individually in the appropriate sub-forums.

But at first glance it seems to be a mixture fakes and original items.

Cameron

?

thanks for the advice, I'll let this run a day or two and if it doesnt yield much results i will follow that plan. Happy new years!

Hi

Happy New Years to you too.

I can say for certain both EK2s are original (the WW2 EK2 is a K&Q), but it appears someone has just got a standard WW1 EK2 and put a noncombatants ribbon on it.

Thanks

Cameron

Please post them seperately

Thanks

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

My head hurts from Alchool now my neck does from looking sideways at the photos.
    Could you rotate them please

?

I've closed this thread as it serves as a good example of how not to post.

I know Stefan has now re-posted the items seperately so thank you to him for that and my comments are no slur on him directly but unfortunately this thread is exactly what I've been moaning about for ages.

As you can see, there are eight different items here, most of which can go into their respective sub forums and don't belong in the main Orders and Decorations forum.

The photos are mixed up and many are posted upside down or on their sides. It makes life very hard to give opinions when you have to bend your neck at right angles or stand on your head to view an item. If you have the capactity to post a photo, you have the capactity to turn it the right way up.

Because there are so many different pieces here it's impossible to have a coherent discussion about any individual item. For example, someone may post about the Bandenkampfabzeichen, then you could have ten posts about all the other different items in no order and posted all at once or days apart, either way, the replies will be as mixed up as the photos.

There are many people here who don't have English as a first language which makes it hard for them to follow.

I know I keep on about it and have mentioned it countless times but please start a seperate thread for each seperate item in it's own sub forum. It doesn't take much to look through the forum and realise that a Panzer badge doesn't belong here, an EK can go in it's own forum, an Imperial piece should go in that section etc etc.

Please, take the time to think before you post, look through the forum and what you have. Post in the correct section and post each different piece in a different thread.

I will delete threads from persistent offenders with no warning or further explanation as I and others have asked repeatedly for the above to be observed and my patience only goes so far.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....