Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.

Article about: EK2 & Winterschlacht Im Osten

Default Re: Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.

FB, yes i can now understand the feeling in W.Germany, especially at around the Bw inception, we in the U.K. might call it a political 'Hot potato !'. Thanks again.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.
    P
    Many

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    AdrianC, welcome and thanks for showing a super set of KVK's, i havnt got any, but am tempted..can you date from materials and build quality as with the Iron Crosses ?...can you post close ups of the KVK Knights Crosses you have.
    Thank you and certainly I can. The crosses have been dated to the early, mid period of production.
    I'll attach pics of all for reference......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.   Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.  

Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.   Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.  

Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.   Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

And the RKs........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.   Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.  

Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

jock auld , thanks for your contribution, a 57er medal bar, showing the recipient to hold the Iron Cross 2nd class, wound badge in silver, General Assault badge and Partisans combat badge and lastly, but not least the War Merits Cross for combattants.In civvie life you wouldnt expect a veteran to talk about his awards in West German society (especially if he had been awarded the Partisan combat badge), however this bar would be worn on the holders tunic when he re-enlisted in the Bundeswher. I wish i had known you had one for sale !..i allways thought you swopped !
    I stuck a bit on the bay for fun before they tried to make paypal compulsory, I also sold a court mounted EK2 and Ost around the same time (not unlike the previous post). Check out my account cause I haven't for a long time (2+ years?), Its jockauld.

Regards

Jock

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    Here's a full set of '57 KVKs.......
    Great grouping. Thanks for showing.

[QUOTE=oradour;130351]DUJAILAH, erm...oh dear, i won the EK2 & Winterschlacht Im Osten, sorry, but its gone to a good home ! your 1st class 57' is a cracker, and appears to be an early one, early 60's, let me know if it is mm when you recieve it, if it is its earlier, glad to see you made the jump into 57' awards they are very addictive ! nice same period wound badge, do you have the name and rank of the officer ?

Hi Oradour, don't worry mate. They couldn't have gone to a better home I reckon. I was chuffed to get the EK1 as it was anyway. Yeah, I've been reading up re the '57 awards & as you've said the early are the ones to collect. Looking forward to the post!!! As for the officer, it will be interesting to see if the seller sends any details (he only mentioned he was a Leutnant in his description). Perhaps one of us should email him when the items have arrived. What do you think?, Cheers, Richard.

DUJAILAH, if the name is not included, i will e-mail to see if he can provide any further information, these crosses with provenence are worth a little more !
    AdrianC, your KVKs are outstanding !, the quality, frosting/detail is as wartime versions, like you say, nice early to mid production. i especially like the Knights cross varients, thanks for the photos.

?

My humble 57' collection......im sure in years to come people will want to see, and think these items will be worth collecting.......an early (as shown) second class 57', is at the moment fetching more than its 39' counterpart !
    Some nice pieces are being shown here and i agree the 57 awards are becoming more and more collectable in their own right.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

A couple of 57 RK's being worn by Ritterkreuztrager Georg Bose and Gerhard Gutmacher , OdR Jahreshauptversammlung, Bamberg 2003 .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.  
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Gentlemen, my latest 57 EK II, unmarked, 3 piece, magnetic core, plated flange, i'd put at mid 60's production....complete with a small piece of ribbon, i saw this as a 'buy it now', the photo only showed the front and that wasnt clever, gut instinct said go for it, glad i did, a bargain from the Fatherland at £35 !

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast