Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

(C) four piece medal bar

Article about: Opinions much appreciated. Thank you all for your time as always.

Default (C) four piece medal bar

Opinions much appreciated. Thank you all for your time as always.

(C) four piece medal bar
    (C) four piece medal bar
    (C) four piece medal bar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement (C) four piece medal bar
    P
    Many

I would have thought this was an unusual group with the police medal and the Sudetenland medal.

Nice piece for your collection

To me, it looks like the Polizei medal was an add on, or a replacement.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I think you are right Ralph it would have made more sense to have a wehrmacht LS medal there.
    Both the police medal and ribbon look like good originals to me.

Doug

The award combination as such is plausible and not unusual at all, really. I see no reason why the Army long service award should be more likely than the Police one.

There is once again the "overlap" problem I mentioned on the other thread, with the third ribbon overlapping the second and fourth. However, on this bar it is probably simply due to the "add-on" piece with the police eagle, which otherwise couldn't be mounted properly.

(These "add-on" pieces were initially used for the ribbons of long service awards that bore embroidered symbols (eagles, SS runes), as these symbols would have slanted to the right when using the normal mounting method, which was not acceptable. However, the "patchwork" look was found to be untidy and unsatisfactory as well, which is why extra-wide ribbons (5 cm instead of 3 cm) were introduced for these decorations. These ribbons were mounted vertically straight down, bloused, slit at the bottom and folded in, giving the same basic appearance as ribbons mounted in the standard way and avoiding the slanting symbols.)