Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cased.. Blut und Boden Table Medal....

Article about: Picked this up today

?

Default Cased.. Blut und Boden Table Medal....

Picked this up today
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cased.. Blut und Boden Table Medal....   Cased.. Blut und Boden Table Medal....  

Cased.. Blut und Boden Table Medal....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cased.. Blut und Boden Table Medal....
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Cased.. Blut und Boden Table Medal....

I've never come across one of these before but hopefully one of the other members can help out with it?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

It's in my collection ... And judging by the lack of interest .. Not a very common or cared about piece. But I like it .. As the case and medal are mint.

?

I hope someone can offer some thoughts on it. I apologise I didn't see the thread when you posted it. I never like to see a thread go unanswered and genuinely try to make sure everyone gets a reply of some sort. Every so often I go back through the first fifteen pages to make sure nothing has slipped through and unfortunately this was one of three threads unanswered, hence my bringing it back to the top.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Lowboy

Looks like a well made quality piece! What is it meant to commemorate or signify? Can you elaborate for us? Thanks, I'm new to collecting and love reading the stories folks give with their awards/badges/wares, etc. And you are correct, minty, for sure!!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Richard Walther Darré addressing a meeting of the farming community in Goslar on 13 December 1937 standing in front of a Reichsadler and Swastika crossed with a sword and corn ear labelled Blood and Soil (from the German Federal Archive)
    The doctrine not only called for a "back to the land" approach and re-adoption of rural values; it held that German land was bound, perhaps mystically, to German blood.[7] Peasants were the Nazi cultural heroes, who held charge of German racial stock and German history -- as when a memorial of a medieval peasant uprising was the occasion for a speech by Darré praising them as force and purifier of German history.[8] This would also lead them to understand the natural order better, and in the end, only the man who worked the land really possessed it.[9]

It contributed to the Nazi ideal of a woman: a sturdy peasant, who worked the land and bore strong children, contributing to praise for athletic women tanned by outdoor work.[10] That country women gave birth to more children than city ones also was a factor in the support.[11]

Carl Schmitt argued that a people would develop laws appropriate to its "blood and soil" because authenticity required loyalty to the Volk over abstract universals.[12]

Neues Volk displayed demographic charts to deplore the destruction of the generous Aryan families' farmland and how the Jews were eradicating traditional German peasantry.[13] Posters for schools depicted and deplored the flight of people from the countryside to the city.[14] The German National Catechism, a pamphlet widely used in schools, also recounted how farmers lost ancestral lands and had to move to the city, with all its demoralizing effects.[15]

How has the Jew subjugated the peoples?
    With money. He lent them money and made them pay interest. Thousands and thousands of Germans have been made wretched by the Jews and been reduced to poverty. Farmers whose land had been in the family for more than 100 years were driven from their land because they could not pay the interest.

What happened to those farmers?

They had to move to the cities. Torn from the land to which they belonged, robbed of their labor that gave their lives purpose and meaning, they fell victim to poverty and misery. Worn down, their souls crushed, they accepted Jewish doctrines that denied the Fatherland and opposed all that was nationalistic. Their strength and ability faded. The Jew had reached his goal.[15]

The Reichsnahrstand (Blut Und Boden) was the Nazi Reich's Farming Association (Blood and Soil) They were led by Walter Darre. Basically, every little town or village in farm country had a chapter or at least a representative in it of this outfit. They weren't Really hardcore Nazi's, per se, but kind of a "should have in your town" group if you want to stay unbothered and left alone sort of thing. Their official job was regulating food production and they spent their spare time efforts snatching land from the big farm owners. Some people claim that it was their insisting that Germany needed more farmland that led to the invasion of Russia. Darre was pretty much disliked by just about everyone from Himmler and Schacht to pretty much the whole of the Church(he was a paganist nazi type)...and was arrested and tried in Nuremburg after the war and was sentenced to 7 years in Landsberg prison for his trouble making.
    I've never seen a table medal like yours before, and I imagine that it must certainly be fairly uncommon. Is it made of silver? Definitely a very nice piece!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thank you ... It's made of zinc.

Lowboy

Very nice to know what the medal stands for. For me, without knowing what I'm looking at, it's not as easy to appreciate. Now....I wouldn't mind having one in my collection some day!

Thanks for posting the article and you have a nice example of that medal!!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

The inscription on the back is interesting, just because it seems odd, or out of place. I think it says "Lanico Can Sealing Machines, Otto Niemsch & Co Engineering, Brunswick" (although all the words seem to be joined together so its hard to see where one phrase ends and the next starts). Is that the maker? It must be.

Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast