Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Cased NSDAP Bronze Long Service medal

Article about: I now have this nice 10 year medal to go with my 15 year Silver ! Its a nice Fritz Zimmermann Just need the 25 year Gold now!!....just a bit scarce though Nick

Default Re: Cased NSDAP Bronze Long Service medal

Quote by Adrian View Post
    A man of your means won't take long to track one down Nick!
    A nice pair of awards though.
    Thanks Adrian, I am not a man of means though, I have had to sell half my collection to pay for my recent purchases

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cased NSDAP Bronze Long Service medal
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Thanks Adrian, I am not a man of means though, I have had to sell half my collection to pay for my recent purchases

Nick
    Ouch! Things have been slow for me recently since I made a large purchase back in the spring but I refuse to part with anything!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Ouch! Things have been slow for me recently since I made a large purchase back in the spring but I refuse to part with anything!
    I know what you mean! I have parted with most of my HJ and Wound badge collection amongst others but hey we have to move onwards!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

A bridge too far Ingrid !!

Nick
    ...but hey we have to move onwards!
    ???

You will find one!

Regards

I now have this nice 10 year medal to go with my 15 year Silver ! Its a nice Fritz Zimmermann

Just need the 25 year Gold now!!....just a bit scarce though

Nick
    Nice cased NSDAP crosses Nick!

Happy to help if you are only missing the gold one: there is a beautiful one (uncased though) that just showed up for sale real cheap (as you may well imagine) on Kaï Winkler's site this week...

As for the "bubbly" bronze crosses. The bubbling is probably fairly common on bronze crosses made of zink depending on zink quality (feinzink down to krieg metal). There may be early bronze or bronzed tombac versions of this award as well but I know for sure there exits a "light" variant which is made out of anodized aluminum. In addition to being fairly common and significantly lighter than its zink cousin (known as the "heavy" version) it wont "bubble".

Regards

JC

Nick very

Actually, of the series, I think the Silver is most attractive of the 3 in any case! But..if you're bent on getting a Gold, like JC said, there's one that just came up on Winkler''s site. Not boxed and in fairly nasty shape with enamel damage, but hey..it's Under 2400 euros...lol William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks William and JC

But the gold will have to wait until I have a windfall I'm afraid and it will have to be cased of course

Nick

I agree William, the silver grade is far better looking than the gold because of the striking contrast. Given their propensity for good design, I always wondered why they didnt use the same colour enamel on the gold cross as they used on the ribbon (red) for that class like they did for the silver one? The upside I guess is that I was always happy just owning the 2 lower classes and never felt an irresitible urge to dump most of my small collection to get one... lol

JC

Quote by MickeyM View Post
    I agree William, the silver grade is far better looking than the gold because of the striking contrast. Given their propensity for good design, I always wondered why they didnt use the same colour enamel on the gold cross as they used on the ribbon (red) for that class like they did for the silver one? The upside I guess is that I was always happy just owning the 2 lower classes and never felt an irresitible urge to dump most of my small collection to get one... lol

JC
    Can you imagine if they had used the gold enamel, they would be irresistable !!!

Nick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast