Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

CCC GOLD missing or stolen in shipment!!!HELP

Article about: IMO the tombak pin is the key... usually it holds the finish well.... The gold need to be really gold... most of the times when collectors believe they have a gold grade. it is just a bronze

Default CCC GOLD missing or stolen in shipment!!!HELP

Close Combat Clasp gold missing or stolen...

Hi friends

This is my first thread in this forum, but some of you might know me from WAF. I have made the same thread on waf... but with more eyes to help, maybe I will get lucky.

I have bought this S&L close combat clasp gold on estand(waf). I where very happy with the purchase and where looking very much forward to receive it.

It where shipped 6 weeks ago, it have not arrived and there seems to be no track of it. I hope that members that look ad this thread will help keep a look out for it, if it turns up on the net or on sale some where.

Information that can help me locate it, I will reward.

A very rare badge, and not many for sale.

It where shipped from USA to Denmark.

I hope it is just delayed.... but I dont no the odds for that???
    But yes... I am still crossing fingers...

The tracking could only be used in the USA, else just a standard letter. Well I see that where a mistake... but the reason is, that I have experienced a lot of problems with the danish custorms... And allmost everytime they handled import of the collector items wrong. You only need to pay a much less amount for these items... but they bill me wrongly even if the item is maked correct... Then you need to do alot of paperwork to get a refund... that I have been doing for 5-6 times... and spend alot of time on it... they need alot of documentation and are responding very slow.

I just bougt a cheap Infanterie Sturmabzeichen from the same seller, and it arrived very fast and without problems(Custorms usually dont touch standard letters)... soo I decided to ship same way.... It is the first time I have done that with a more expensive item.... and that where a mistake... soo maybe I had it coming... but still... I had my reasons as explained.

Maybe I should have paid the cost and used a good carrier...... It is not only the money with this close combat clasp... It where a item I where looking very much forward to and I dont thing a good gold close combat clasp for my limited pocket will be easy to find. Well I cant change that now Just hope for the best.

And are very greatful for any help

Many thanks from
    Nicolai
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CCC GOLD missing or stolen in shipment!!!HELP   CCC GOLD missing or stolen in shipment!!!HELP  

CCC GOLD missing or stolen in shipment!!!HELP   CCC GOLD missing or stolen in shipment!!!HELP  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement CCC GOLD missing or stolen in shipment!!!HELP
    P
    Many

Default Re: CCC GOLD missing or stolen in shipment!!!HELP

Im so sorry about your CCC . I'll let you know if I see it for sale etc..

How much money did you spend on it?

Quote by Farradin View Post
    Im so sorry about your close combat clasp . I'll let you know if I see it for sale etc..

How much money did you spend on it?
    Thanks...

Well the price where allright due to the lost finish... 525 USD... but still some money, and the loss of a very rare item

Nicolai

Well, sometimes post really takes longer. My "record" is 5 months from Europe to USA.

?

Det gør mig ondt at høre. Skal nok holde et vågent øje. Hvis du på et tidspunkt skulle være interesseret i nogle effekter her fra Rusland, så send mig en pm. Bor i Moskva. Der er dog stadig en chance. Både når jeg sender og modtager pakker kan det nogle gange tage rigtig lang tid. Fik en pakke retur fra Danmark med besked om at personen var ukendt på adressen. Det var han ikke og anden gang lykkedes det.

Til en anden gang så vær ekstra forsigtig når det er guld som bliver sendt. Det har en karakteristisk lyd i en metal detektor. Få det pakket i noget sølvpapir.

Regards

Lars

Tak for info:-)

?

Nicolai,
    Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will recognise many names here from other places. I'm sorry your first post here was of this nature, I really hope it is just a delay in the postal system but it is always worth posting things like this, just in case it does turn up somewhere unexpected.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Maybe only a delay. I Hope it arrives.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

For those of us who don't know much about these awards, can anyone enlighten us as to what makes this a gold award please? I can't see any finish remaining on the obverse so I'm guessing the colour of the pin is how it is judged? I'm not casting any doubts on originality, this is just a question to aid our knowledge.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    For those of us who don't know much about these awards, can anyone enlighten us as to what makes this a gold award please? I can't see any finish remaining on the obverse so I'm guessing the colour of the pin is how it is judged? I'm not casting any doubts on originality, this is just a question to aid our knowledge.
    An excellent question that has vexed me also.....Really, is there any sure fire way, as there is with D.K's and K.C's, to prove their veracity???

With this particular one, I would imagine that the badge is zinc (which apparently 'draws' the plating/wash inwards) and the catch, pin and hinge are tombak (that do not). But it appears more a leap of faith than actual proof to me...Does anyone really know the truth, and can scientifically prove it ???

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast