Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

CCC GOLD missing or stolen in shipment!!!HELP

Article about: IMO the tombak pin is the key... usually it holds the finish well.... The gold need to be really gold... most of the times when collectors believe they have a gold grade. it is just a bronze

Default Re: CCC GOLD missing or stolen in shipment!!!HELP

IMO the tombak pin is the key... usually it holds the finish well.... The gold need to be really gold... most of the times when collectors believe they have a gold grade. it is just a bronze, looking a bit like gold. In many cases it can be hard to be sure, if its the real deal.

Best
    Nicolai

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement CCC GOLD missing or stolen in shipment!!!HELP
    P
    Many

I can appreciate what it feels like Nicolai,

I had the same thing happen to me earlier this year with a Pilot badge. It took close to 2 months to show up from the States to Canada (about 400 km!). I taught I had taken all possible precautions by asking the seller to ship "the most secure way possible" (whatever that was from the US) and I was even provided with a "USPS tracking Number". As it turned out the tracking number had nothing to do with insurance (or tracking as I understand it for that matter) and proved about as useless as a pair of tits on a bull: it just told me the parcel had arrived at US customs for processing (for over a month?) with no means to follow up on the canadian side. Not a good feeling... The piece finally showed up via regular mail (despite a USPS number as long as my arm and stickers galore but no insurance. The packaging/box was so bashed up I didnt even have to unwrap it to get the badge out (miracurously intact)! So there is hope for your CCC to show up yet!

After that rather scary episode I have reached the conclusion that any new addition for my collection worth spending my hard earned cash on is worth the precaution of insisting on appropriate insurance otherwise you are almost playing Russian roulette with a Lüger...

Keep us posted

JC

Nicolai, I HOPE you get your item. I have had things take up to 14 months, to arrive from Europe to my doorstep here in the USA.

Very strange, I hope for you it will arrive, and you have not been just ripped off (happend to a friend of mine while selling a FJ lid to a collector in the states).
    I bought an item from a dealer in Texas, payed for it by Paypall, got the trackings code and it toke......three days to arrive here at my doorstep in Luxembourg! The story about the FJ lid is a story you will not believe, how crafty some people can be to get money out off other peoples pocket.
    He needed money and sold a original FJ lid from his own collection. He found a buyer in the states, and they agreed on USD 5000 plus insured shipment. The money went into a kind of like bank depostie; my mate couldn't touch the money untill the buyer agreed. He would release the money as soon as he had the lid in own hands, and confirmed it was original. My mate didn't think much of it because the lid for true as gold.
    The buyer from the states than sent him an email that the lid was fake (what was not true). He needed more time to have other people look at it. No problem my friend said; if you're not happy just simply send it back to me. Okay, the buyer wanted to return the lid, but needed an other 140 euros for the insured shipment, and my mate payed him to get the lid back. Nothing came back of course, and the money was taking out of the bank deposite. So he lost his FJ lid, plus the 280 euros for the shipment. How is that for a rip off? Of course the mail adress is closed and there is no way to find the buyer.
    I was so pissed off when he told me what happend that I even considered booking a flight to the States with him to find the buyer.
    Hope you have more luck with yoyr purchase as he did!

Thanks for the support. The close combat clasp have not arrived yet.

Feuerbach, it is sad, but yes there are many sharks out there, especially when there are alot of money involved.

I remember a thread on WAF that involved a very well known author, that had received a expensive SA honour dagger, and sold it to another collector with a extreme high profit... but would not pay the trusting seller, that had shipped the dagger to him, and where asking a very low price. That where not only a scam but as well very evil.

But I most say I have no reason to suspect a scam from the seller in this case... soo would not be fair to speculate in that.

Nicolai

The CCC arrived after all this time today, and without any damage. I have no idea why it where delayed. But ofcourse extremely happy it arrived.

I will like to thank all forum members for the great support

Thanks very much

Good for you! Congratulations!

brilliant news mate its amazing how long it takes sometimes

?

Very pleased to hear it Nicolai! Thank you for letting us know the news.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

That is good news! A nice early Xmas present.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast