Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Cloth Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - authentic or copy?

Article about: A customer brought this in today and I've taken some pics: So is it a genuine badge or a fake? It looks suspicious to me. In any event, if it's a copy I guess we could keep this thread/pics

Default Cloth Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - authentic or copy?

A customer brought this in today and I've taken some pics:

Cloth Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - authentic or copy?Cloth Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - authentic or copy?Cloth Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - authentic or copy?Cloth Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - authentic or copy?Cloth Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - authentic or copy?Cloth Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - authentic or copy?Cloth Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - authentic or copy?Cloth Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - authentic or copy?Cloth Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - authentic or copy?Cloth Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - authentic or copy?

So is it a genuine badge or a fake? It looks suspicious to me. In any event, if it's a copy I guess we could keep this thread/pics for reference.

Thanks for any help.

regards, mitch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cloth Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - authentic or copy?
    P
    Many

Hi Mitch,

You are right to have your concerns, this is a copy, and not a very convincing one either.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Yes, sorry it's indeed a copy. Stewy

Thanks for the replies!, I've not bought this of course. I suppose I could 5 bucks for it, since I don't own a real one.

Cost more to make than it's worth.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Yes, so true. I bought a pile (over 100 oz.) of sterling silver flatware from this customer and he had that cross to show me as well. I my store I have a lot of militaria displayed all around the store (although we are a jewelry store!) and have been here 38 years. So people see what all is on the walls and so on, and tell me "oh; I have one of those that uncle so and so brought home from the war!" And I end up buying a lot of good stuff!!

My store:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cloth Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - authentic or copy?   Cloth Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - authentic or copy?  

Cloth Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - authentic or copy?   Cloth Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - authentic or copy?  

Cloth Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - authentic or copy?   Cloth Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - authentic or copy?  

never seen a jewelry store like that before.thats my type of glitter.

Good idea on displaying items in your store. The daggers look great.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Here is an original from my collection:

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold: cloth active service version
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

and mine, quite different when you compare the details...