MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Cloth Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen - ask for help

Article about: Hi guys, Annoyed from this ads?   I woul like to ask you for help with this cloth badge. Is it good one or fake? Thank for any opinion, Mike

?

Default Cloth Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen - ask for help

Hi guys,
    I woul like to ask you for help with this cloth badge. Is it good one or fake? Thank for any opinion, Mike

Cloth Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen - ask for helpCloth Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen - ask for help
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-20-2015 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cloth Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen - ask for help
    P
    Many

IMO this is an original badge and acceptable of the period.
    It is a variant that features a light coloured and wide-meshed gauze on the reverse and clearly visible on the reverse image shown above.
    This type of badge is illustrated in the Weber/Skora book "The Kriegsmarine Awards" in both the German and English editions.
    Here is a photo i have of the cloth Zerstorer badge in wear.

Regards,Martin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cloth Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen - ask for help   Cloth Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen - ask for help  

I agree, looks good.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I agree, looks good.
    Hi Martin and Adrian,
    thank you very much for help.
    Mike

?

Hi Guys,

To be honest, I'm not a fan of this type of cloth Destroyer. They're pretty common and come in a few varieties of backing, always unworn, and none seen yet with any significant provenance, but they've been around for some 25+ years or so it seems. This is not the type shown in wear on Martin's great portrait photo. That type is much harder to find. Here's a comparison of the period photo to two patches -- the one on the left is the common one like Mike's and the one on the right is the uncommon one that matches the photo. Concentrate on the ship's superstructure and on the density of the embroidered hull.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cloth Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen - ask for help