Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Collectors Guild

Article about: Anybody use them? Comments? Concerns?

?

Default Re: Collectors Guild

No problems with a good "over the pond" deal ..
    .. friendly and helpful ....

Gary J.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collectors Guild
    P
    Many

millertime021
    ?

Quote by Polski44 View Post
    No problems with a good "over the pond" deal ..
    .. friendly and helpful ....

Gary J.
    I sent an email to them over the weekend, but how did you pay? Do you send them your CC number via email? That seems a little strange to me personally.

I don't have any personal problems on the prices people set for their items-since it's their rights to do so-but, some people buy items from a dealer-paying much more than they should--all because of the dealers name-like Bill Shea-as an example.

One thing I almost never do-is buy from someone just because of their "name." If others only wish to buy from people with well-known names in the business-more power to them but-in most cases-the items they buy from the "name" are much higher in price than an item you will usually find from another lesser-known dealer.

Like I say though, I prefer to pay less for an item if possible? ;-)) and it's usually possible to do so-if you spend a little more time hunting around for that ame item ;-))

There are tw dealers who I buy from that I don't mind paying a little more for an item(s) they have-simply because I have done much business wiht them for many years and I am on great terms with them and never had any problems with them on any transaction.

Two cases in point I don't mind talking about in public are: Janet Hamilton @ BCMC and Diane Schrieber @ Brandenburg Historica. Both of these ladies are very knowledgable as well as very fair on their stuff. I recently got what I thought was a great deal from Janet-when I purchased another General Assault Badge and anothe War Merit Cross 2nd Cl w/ Swords. Those items wer priced fairly and I thought were worth more than priced at-and I was very pleased with both items when they arrived--2 days after I paid for them ;-))

I never buy anything from anyone based soley on reputation. I buy what I like, and what I know is good. I don't take chances buying anything I'm not sure about. Do I miss out on a deal once in a while? Probably. For every missed deal there are a bunch more right around the corner. I've been burned and learned my lesson. I have bought from the Guild, but not because of reputation or price. I bought because it was something I wanted, looked good from the photos, and was pretty sure the item I paid for would arrive.

Well said FB. Believe me when i say that there are many dealers out there who do no know a thing about what they are selling. Kind of like a used car sales man

rgds, Ty

Quote by kungfuty View Post
    Well said FB. Believe me when i say that there are many dealers out there who do no know a thing about what they are selling. Kind of like a used car sales man

rgds, Ty
    Thanks. I suppose I place myself in a minority that I use this medium to praise a militaria dealer; but in this case, I do think the sentiment is entirely warranted. Chapeau as well to those who can secure this material at bargain prices and in magic places that have been bypassed by the hyper capitalism of the 21st century. The material I collect has never been cheap, but I shall leave this line of argument to others. My interest in this material is not commercial and I earn my living doing something else, of course.

Happy orders and decorations....and German and British car repair.

?

They will get in touch to explain how CC details are used ...
    I won't explain for obvious reasons ..

Cheers

Gary J.

Quote by millertime021 View Post
    I sent an email to them over the weekend, but how did you pay? Do you send them your CC number via email? That seems a little strange to me personally.

I concur that both the items for sale on this site are usually of a high quality & of a high price, i have tried to buy from this site a couple of times, but by the time the chap answered my e-mails ( weeks, rather than days!), the items had been sold, a good friend of mine has also tried without success, i get the impression that international sales are too difficult to do !

millertime021
    ?

Quote by oradour View Post
    I concur that both the items for sale on this site are usually of a high quality & of a high price, i have tried to buy from this site a couple of times, but by the time the chap answered my e-mails ( weeks, rather than days!), the items had been sold, a good friend of mine has also tried without success, i get the impression that international sales are too difficult to do !
    Ya that just happened to me. I was just told that my item I was interested is in sold.

An alternate Gents may want to use is Weitze. As for me--i;ll stick with the dealers iv'e been buying from as I don't have enough funds available to keep me satisfied with collecting :-(

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast