Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Collectors Guild

Article about: Anybody use them? Comments? Concerns?

Default Re: Collectors Guild

Yes, i totally agree with history-buff1944, i have dealt with Weitze & found his service second to none, both swift e-mail replies & shipping, reasonable prices too, i find it is the service as much as the item, that draws me back to dealers, i still keep an eye on the collectors guild but more out of curiousity than interest !.... Helmut Weitze is at, www.weitze.net

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collectors Guild
    P
    Many

?

I suppose Wietze is ok, so long as you collect only Nazi or German Imperial items .. he's a bit thin on the ground with the rest ..

Gary J.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Yes, i totally agree with history-buff1944, i have dealt with Weitze & found his service second to none, both swift e-mail replies & shipping, reasonable prices too, i find it is the service as much as the item, that draws me back to dealers, i still keep an eye on the collectors guild but more out of curiousity than interest !.... Helmut Weitze is at, www.weitze.net

Thats most of us catered for then......

?

As I would write my IMHO.
    If you have a lot of collecting experience and a lot of free time to search the internet ( that is also not a easy job) you can do that. If you are busy persone, and will spent your time with the work, instead of searching routine- ask professionals, and they will help you. It is the same as a lot of boutiques who are selling modern stuff for the price of the Reichsfuehrer tunic...
    At your choice....
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Quote by FrankBooth View Post
    I never buy anything from anyone based soley on reputation. I buy what I like, and what I know is good. I don't take chances buying anything I'm not sure about. Do I miss out on a deal once in a while? Probably. For every missed deal there are a bunch more right around the corner. I've been burned and learned my lesson. I have bought from the Guild, but not because of reputation or price. I bought because it was something I wanted, looked good from the photos, and was pretty sure the item I paid for would arrive.
    By reputation that means also that the item will send to you...
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

And I suggest to look at our sponsors, the appearing banners at the bottom of the forum...
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Whatever ...

Quote by oradour View Post
    Thats most of us catered for then......

Hi Dimas, not me. Im much busier these days than I used to be. I prefer to pay as low as possible so that the money saved, can go towards the purchase of another item ;-)) Ill spend hours or days searching for a particular item-no matter how long I stay up.

One dealer I don't buy from anymore because his shipping even for a stickpin-i way too high. I bought two bronze DRL sports badges from him totalling about $45.00 one had a variation pin system-and the other had te standadr gnurled pin. These things weigh much less than an ounce-but I still got charged another $45 in postage alone.

Soo, since then-that guy lost my business.

theodosius
    ?

I agree wholeheartedly on the price.By the way,can any of you provide me with the websites that sell product like the collector's guild and offer a remarkably lower price?Thanks in advance

I have purchased one or two items in the past at what I thought were fair prices. Granted, a lot of the pieces there are a bit high for my taste. I look at it like this, I may be willing to pay a little more than the "going rate" on certain items. Why? Because I figure the time, money and effort I would have to spend to obtain said item would be of greater cost to me than paying for an item which is already available.

That said, I don't foolishly squander my funds at every given opportunity as I look for somewhere to throw my money away. He runs a business, to the collector who dabbles in this as a hobby, that is hard to understand. As someone else mentioned, the items are consignment pieces, he doesn't own each and every item with full flexibility of pricing.

Every one wants a "good deal", and quite often, people want something for nothing, just as long as they get what they want - even at the expense of someone else.

Peter has been first rate in the few times that I have dealt with him, so I have no complaints. has there been some items on his site that I thought were overpriced...absolutely, but I don't have to buy them. Every dealer has bargains and overpriced items, that is just the nature of business in any venue.

One final thought, since the items posted there are consignment items, then they probably come from collectors...hmmmmm, so is it the collector we need to blame for setting high "take home" prices then? Comes full circle in a way doesn't it?
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3