Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Combat awards - starter set

Article about: by Woolgar Thank you Fischer, very informative If they are as addictive as EK's then I have a problem Nick I think you have a problem Nick! Ralph.

Great selection. I have yet to pick up a GAB.........
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Combat awards - starter set
    P
    Many

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    The infantry one is my favorite.
    Well done Nick

Cheers
    Nuno
    Mine also.A very nice starter set Nick!

It looks so,that there are coming more in the future!!

Regards
    Joe

?

A nice trio you have there Nick..& some excellents photos too,thanks for showing. Cheers Terry.

Good kick off...

Regards.,

Von River

Thanks all

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nice pieces Nick, the S&L is one of the many variants.

Quote by Kevin Grootaers View Post
    Nice pieces Nick, the S&L is one of the many variants.
    Congrats Nick on your new additions; but I must warn you...Heer Combat Badges are addictive so be careful...

My favorite is also the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and the set up on this one is interesting IMO. If you look at the reverse you will see raised guide lines for the hardware to fit inside of. The reverse die was constructed to take this hardware set up specifically and it afforded precise positioning of the hinge and catch plate.

As Kevin states, this purported S&L Infanterie Sturmabzeichen is one of many variations having this obverse design. Along with this set up, subsequent examples use different variations of the sheet metal hinge as well as the so-called oval hinge that S&L used on it's very early tombak hollow examples. Also, variation in the catch types and attachment methods are found. Smaller oblong and round catch plates and even a "?" style catch directly soldered to the reverse sans a plate.

My thinking is the hardware supplier must have run out of this system and S&L switched to whatever was available at the time.

Best Regards, fischer

A great start Nick, don't forget there are silver and bronze of the Panzerkampf Abzeichen and Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for you to collect!

Combat awards - starter setCombat awards - starter set

You'll be needing a few more socks at this rate!

Cheap EK´s for sale, now you are tired of them ??
    Just kidding, very nice badges, I got these too, some of my favorites too :-)

MFG
    Marc

Quote by fischer View Post
    Congrats Nick on your new additions; but I must warn you...Heer Combat Badges are addictive so be careful...

My favorite is also the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and the set up on this one is interesting IMO. If you look at the reverse you will see raised guide lines for the hardware to fit inside of. The reverse die was constructed to take this hardware set up specifically and it afforded precise positioning of the hinge and catch plate.

As Kevin states, this purported S&L Infanterie Sturmabzeichen is one of many variations having this obverse design. Along with this set up, subsequent examples use different variations of the sheet metal hinge as well as the so-called oval hinge that S&L used on it's very early tombak hollow examples. Also, variation in the catch types and attachment methods are found. Smaller oblong and round catch plates and even a "?" style catch directly soldered to the reverse sans a plate.

My thinking is the hardware supplier must have run out of this system and S&L switched to whatever was available at the time.

Best Regards, fischer
    Thank you Fischer, very informative

If they are as addictive as EK's then I have a problem

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast