Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Condor Legion - Tank Assault Badge

Article about: A friend today showed me this Condor Legion Tank Assault Badge and as some of the forum know, military badges are totally outside my scope of collecting and knowledge. May I have your commen

A big thankyou to one and all for contributing here. Greatly appreciated.

In view of myself being quite clueless about combat awards, I promised that I would not do a self research and instead, leave it to the experts. A broken promise of course and after spending an hour or so trawling various sites, all I can say is what a mine field this badge is. There is so much conflicting information and especially so about the feature of bones touching the wreath or not as an indication of good or bad.

Again, thankyou for all the help and guidance so freely given.

Regards and best wishes,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Condor Legion - Tank Assault Badge
    P
    Many

[QUOTE=David North;1073020

....A broken promise of course and after spending an hour or so trawling various sites, all I can say is what a mine field this badge is. There is so much conflicting information and especially so about the feature of bones touching the wreath or not as an indication of good or bad.

Again, thankyou for all the help and guidance so freely given.

Regards and best wishes,

David[/QUOTE]

Why do you think my posts on the badge appeared so vague David....???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Dear Ned

You are doing yourself a great injustice as I thought your first response was very informative. Again, thankyou. I will be seeing the owner of this badge tomorrow evening and I will ask to borrow it for a few days in order that I may take some high definition and different angle images. For someone who has no interest whatsoever in combat badges, this is turning out to be a very interesting discussion - irrespective of the final outcome.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2