Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Confirmation SS 8 Year Long Service

Article about: Thanks guys, shame there were'nt forums like this around when we were buying these things a few years ago! Whats it worth as a fake?

?

Default Re: Confirmation SS 8 Year Long Service

Thanks guys, shame there were'nt forums like this around when we were buying these things a few years ago! Whats it worth as a fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Confirmation SS 8 Year Long Service
    P
    Many

I here the Japanese collectors like fakes?

Its worth what you can get for it. not much. It may be worth keeping as reference.
    and yes Stewy, those points you raised plus a couple more

Sorry,without appearing to be rude. I think whoever bought it would be spending more on postage than actual value,sorry. Stewy S

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Sorry,without appearing to be rude. I think whoever bought it would be spending more on postage than actual value,sorry. Stewy S

That's not rude Stewy....................It's the truth!

Eric Zerkel
    ?

Hi, This was a gift from my brother who got it from a collector, I have done some research and know that they were made by two companies which probably explains why not all pictures of "real" ones match exactly... a thread from the ribbon passed the burn test and it measures 38.5 mm which is a good sign, It seem to be heavy and stamped (not cast) and the broken tear drop shows evidence of being soldered and may have a tiny stamp mark inside but although I believe it to be genuine I'm finally trying to get expert opinions before selling it... I've noticed that some examples have different clasps or more loops on the bottom of the wreath or slight variations on the number and/or letter forms/exact positioning but with two manufacturers and time they might have several dies.
    What do you guys think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Confirmation SS 8 Year Long Service   Confirmation SS 8 Year Long Service  

Just my opinion, but I do not like it I'm sorry to say, You are correct when you say only 2 firms made them, but this does not display any of the traits from those 2 companies. I do not like................. The eyelet, it should be beveled, this one is not, The front runes do not appear to be symmetrical, The lauel leaves appear to touch at the top where there should be a clear break. the reverse lettering is way too soft, and the rear runes are too fat. There are a few other things to, but based on these pictures, I would pass.
    JMO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2