Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Croatian SS volunteer award

Article about: Hello, I've been offered to buy this, but i've never seen this before and i couldn't find to much about it on the internet either. Maybe you gentlemen can help me with a few question. Is it

Default Croatian SS volunteer award

Hello,

I've been offered to buy this, but i've never seen this before and i couldn't find to much about it on the internet either.

Maybe you gentlemen can help me with a few question.

Is it really a Croatian SS volunteer shield?

How rare is it?

What's the price range on this kind?

Thanks

Horkeep
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Croatian SS volunteer award   Croatian SS volunteer award  

Last edited by Horkeep; 10-23-2011 at 11:27 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Croatian SS volunteer award
    P
    Many

Default re: Croatian SS volunteer award

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

The pics are tiny, we need much bigger detailed pics.

This is not strictly speaking SS at all, but was issed by the Einsatzstaffel der Deutsche Mannschaft in Kroatien.

This is the Erinnerungsabzeichen.

The DM-Volksgruppenführer Branimir Altgayer instituted this badge. The award came in 2 grades, silver and bronze.

The silver grade was for all members of the ES who took part in its formation, and who attended the first officers course in Zagreb 1941 or were members of the ES who served for 18 months or more and those that were wounded in combat.

The bronze grade was for service of at least 6 months and for persons outside the German minority group in Croatia who contributed in the formation, and for the protection of the German areas within Croatia. The badge came with a paper award citation certificate.

It can be seen in wear on SS uniform by men who later joined the SS.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello,

Thank you for the promt answer, helps a lot.

Changed the size on the picture if you need a different shot i can do that too.

Thank you again

Horkeep

This appears to be a good one. Pity about the broken pin. But this style is correct.

It is a rare badge.

I don't know the value, sorry.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I though that you might wish to see a badge in wear? Seen here worn by a man who later joined the SS.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Croatian SS volunteer award  

Default Re: Croatian SS volunteer award

Here is the award citation.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Croatian SS volunteer award  

Thank you Ade.

My pleasure.

Are you going to buy it?

Cheers, Ade.