Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good Friend

Article about: Thanks everyone.....

Default Re: Dagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good Friend

Thanks everyone.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good Friend
    P
    Many

Default Re: Dagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good Friend

Thanks for the info on the pistol, I knew some about it but not that much.....Does anybody know anything else about the ribbons? I think one is from the western front..... Also the small ribbon with the 3 miniture metals, one is an iron cross what do the others mean. Thanks
    Brice

KSH
    ?

poisonbw: The 2 ribbons of some length - left to right, ribbons for the War Merit Cross 2nd Class & the "Eastern Front Medal".

As for the small ribbon, to me it looks like a very faded and discoloured ribbon for the Honor Cross of the World War 1914 – 1918. The miniatures left to right, Iron Cross 1914 2nd Class, the Honor Cross of the World War 1914 – 1918 for Combatants and the Wound Badge in Black 1914 (this was awarded to soldiers that were wounded 1 or 2 times).

If I'm wrong here, I'm sure other members will correct me.

- Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 04-22-2011 at 09:55 PM.

?

Quote by Snni View Post
    Wow, a great lot! A great story about the Iron Cross.
    I can understand the German prisoner got mad!
    He got it in WW1, so he had it for a long time..

Keep this lot to honor you friend.
    Yeah, or his father served in ww1 and passed it to his son in ww2...? Nice lot, Thanks for posting.
    ~Dean

?

The aviators cap is from the WWII period.
    Nice vets lot.
    SteveR

VERY NICE! Sad to see so many Vets leaving us.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    The aviators cap is from the WWII period.
    Nice vets lot.
    SteveR
    Thanks, Yeah I dont know why it said World War I on it. Someone must of thought it was.

?

Re the ribbons.

As Kenneth says, the two larger ribbons are for a parade mounted pair consisting of the Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2nd class and the Ostmedaille.

The smaller bow type ribbon with the miniature awards has the ribbon for the Ehrenkreuz and the EK2 on top of each other and the minis are the EK2, Ehrenkreuz and Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz. Obviously there was no ribbon for the latter.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2