Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Das Flottenkriegsabzeichen

Article about: I picked up this badge in 2004 and I'm pretty sure it is original. Your thoughts on this badge would be of interest to me. Also, if you know the maker's mark, fill me in. Thanks! (Sorry abou

?

Default Das Flottenkriegsabzeichen

Das FlottenkriegsabzeichenDas Flottenkriegsabzeichen

I picked up this badge in 2004 and I'm pretty sure it is original. Your thoughts on this badge would be of interest to me. Also, if you know the maker's mark, fill me in. Thanks! (Sorry about the somewhat blurry photo. I'm still learning how to take photos of the medals in natural light on white paper. I'm new at this and will keep practicing.)
    Srdj

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Das Flottenkriegsabzeichen
    P
    Many

Default Re: Das Flottenkriegsabzeichen

The maker mark is from Richard Simm & Sohn.
    But i am not sure of the originality i have never seen a RS&S with this hinge.

?

Das FlottenkriegsabzeichenDas FlottenkriegsabzeichenDas FlottenkriegsabzeichenDas FlottenkriegsabzeichenDas FlottenkriegsabzeichenDas FlottenkriegsabzeichenDas FlottenkriegsabzeichenDas FlottenkriegsabzeichenDas FlottenkriegsabzeichenDas FlottenkriegsabzeichenDas FlottenkriegsabzeichenDas Flottenkriegsabzeichen
    More photos of the Flottenkriegsabzeichen. Let me know if you think it is original.

?

Unfortunately this is a fake badge. All Richard Simm & Sohne Flottenkriegsabzeichen should feature a ball hinge. There are variants in the pin and catch but the hinge is always a ball hinge.
    There is a good example of a genuine badge here.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thanks for the info. I can't hide the fact that my heart is broken!

?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but on the positive side, your photos are really good and will provide valuable reference material for anyone else looking to buy a RS&S Flottenkriegsabzeichen.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

After some internet research, I see that I'm not the only one who has been burned by this badge. Death to those who make the fakes! Sorry, I'm venting.
    Thanks for the photography kudos.

Sorry you got burned.Their are many good books on all types of war badges and even if they are a bit pricey i would suggest you pick the book on Kreigsmarine badges if thats what you like!Try Amazon.com or try the bay to prehaps save some money.The fakes are very good and be careful and show them here on the forum if you can.If you cannot get to post it and the dealer or collector won't let you, seek your badge elsewhere!!Just a few words from an old timer.

Unfortunately this is a fake badge. All Richard Simm & Sohne Flottenkriegsabzeichen should feature a ball hinge