Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

De-Nazified combat badges: Original?

Article about: Good morning everyone :-) What are your thoughts on this de-Nazified Luftwaffe FLAK badge? (Flakkampf-Abze​ichen der Luftwaffe entnazifiziert) and WH Infanterie Sturmabzeichen AbzeR

Default Re: De-Nazified combat badges: Original?

Hello Jimbo! I agree with the statement that history is history and we should learn from it and not turn our backs! We can't change the past wbut we can surely learn from it! Now for the badges, i think both are good IMO but i would not buy them! I'd prefer spending some more $$ and buy a full one than a castrated badge... It is like buying a bike with no wheels, it's nice but it's not how it was meant to be! If they were given to me as a gift then ok, i would collect them but for sure i wouldn't spend more than $10 for each!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement De-Nazified combat badges: Original?
    P
    Many

Quote by JimboCymru View Post
    Thanks, Ned :-)

I really appreciate the feedback from everyone and most certainly people are entitled to their opinions about things. I'm of the opinion that if somebody .....
    That being said, each to his own :-)
    Sure thing!
    Jedem das seine!
    Suum cuique!
    I started my second collection with ground dugs and denazified stuf. And I am glad I did.
    As I was evoluating to "less damaged " items I still kept (among others!!) my denazified RK and it still gives me a great feeling when looking , handling or speaking about it.
    So to me denazified and even "'57" medals are a good collectors items.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Thanks LizardKing & Stukaf! (I remember that you like the F on the end of your name - is it for Flemish?)

Good advice all round. Now LizardKing if only you could advise me where I can get some de-Nazified badges for $10, that would be great! ;-)

Thanks LizardKing & Stukaf! (I remember that you like the F on the end of your name - is it for Flemish?)

Good advice all round. Now LizardKing if only you could advise me where I can get some de-Nazified badges for $10, that would be great! ;-)
    hahaha i don't know mate! u can give me some solid examples and i can de nazify them for you! but then again i would get kicked off this forum for doing so and i don't want broken swastikas in my hands!

Thanks LizardKing ...

Good one!!
    ;-)
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

It is not for "F"lemish, but it is a Flemish "slang" word for "crazy" or "busted".
    Crazy; for what many of my friends call me when they know what I collect, buy, drink, or drive the bike....
    Busted for restoration works I do, the groud dug's or denazified things I collect...
    ;-)
    cheers
    |<ris

cheers
    |<ris

I would have to personally agree with the comments of drmessimer.Any badge or award whatever it may be that has been 'tampered' with is virtually worthless to me...I feel sad when I see it.

These items are historical relics and should be preserved as they were meant to be.

Quote by DAZZA3483 View Post
    I would have to personally agree with the comments of drmessimer.Any badge or award whatever it may be that has been 'tampered' with is virtually worthless to me...I feel sad when I see it.

These items are historical relics and should be preserved as they were meant to be.
    But they are still historical relics and they show that they were worn after the war when they could not be used without the removal of the Swaz, often by veterans who served in the post war forces and who still felt honoured to show evidence of their service. It is a shame that it had to happen, but though they might not appeal to all and have a lesser value than an example that has not been de-nazed, they are still genuine items from the period and have a value.

I would much rather have a de nazed example than any number of fakes or copies.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post

I would much rather have a de nazed example than any number of fakes or copies.
    Yes,good points about the post war wearing and the problems with the Swaz.

I would agree 100% with the above qoute also Jerry but like I say it personally saddens me to see these awards altered in any way,shape or form.

That is called "history" .
    Some times it is bad, some times it is good...
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast