Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Default Unmarked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch/Mine sweeper badge Solid Tombac

Article about: ]I just got this. I have been looking for a specific wear pattern and patina on this one, its solid tombec honest wear and it is also highly vauted, I have posted pics first pic is of the ba

Default Default Unmarked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch/Mine sweeper badge Solid Tombac

]I just got this. I have been looking for a specific wear pattern and patina on this one, its solid tombec honest wear and it is also highly vauted,
    I have posted pics first pic is of the badge under leed the second is taken outside with overcast sky,
    Thanks
    General Putnam
    Default Unmarked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch/Mine sweeper badge Solid TombacDefault Unmarked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch/Mine sweeper badge Solid TombacDefault Unmarked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch/Mine sweeper badge Solid TombacDefault Unmarked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch/Mine sweeper badge Solid TombacDefault Unmarked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch/Mine sweeper badge Solid TombacDefault Unmarked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch/Mine sweeper badge Solid TombacDefault Unmarked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch/Mine sweeper badge Solid TombacDefault Unmarked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch/Mine sweeper badge Solid Tombac[ATTACH=CONFIG]959253[/ATTACH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Default Unmarked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch/Mine sweeper badge Solid Tombac  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Default Unmarked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch/Mine sweeper badge Solid Tombac
    P
    Many

I believe that this badge has been tentatively identified as being possibly made by the company of Adolf Scholze (or AS in Triangle) due to it's similarity to their zinc badge.

Regards, Ned
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

First of all,it is a good honest and worn original tombak badge.

It is probably a Gablonz made piece,of the RK design but as Ned mentioned the possible maker is "AS in triangle",as it somewhat matches their zinc designs.

What is interesting here is that i used to own this badge..I sold it years ago,can't remember to whom i sold it but it is nice to see it resurface again and hopefully in a good home..I always liked this badge because at the time we had no idea who the maker was,but now we do(thanks Norm)...

Here are some old photo files of mine...Sure looks like the same badge,look at the "scratches" on the reverse below the catch.

Cheers,Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Default Unmarked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch/Mine sweeper badge Solid Tombac   Default Unmarked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch/Mine sweeper badge Solid Tombac  

This is definitely in a good one this one isn't going to leaving any time soon.!

Quote by GeneralPutnam View Post
    This is definitely in a good one this one isn't going to leaving any time soon.!
    Good to know and i'm glad you like it.

Cheers,Martin.

its a very nice badge.

A fine looking award, one that will have admirers for generations to come! Leon.