Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Demjansk Shield missing log variant

Article about: Guys, need a bit of help here. Trying to help someone out in determining of this missing log variant is a good one. I have checked examples here on the forum for comparison. Overall it looks

Ralph's nailed it, (on behalf of the other guy).... A fairly typical type 4.3 "Missing Log" example, there's only one known copy of these IIRC, and that's nowhere near looking like an original.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Demjansk Shield missing log variant
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Thanks Ned.

So for the avoidance of doubt for others who may read this in the future, given that this example has the known flaws (missing log and flaw in the "2") it is an original shield.

Regards

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks Ned.

So for the avoidance of doubt for others who may read this in the future, given that this example has the known flaws (missing log and flaw in the "2") it is an original shield.

Regards

Michael

Indubitably old son.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Original it is, but not all "missing logs" have a Puffin rather than an eagle. If the price is good then maybe, but I'd look for one with a better defined eagle. Just my opinion. Stewy

MAP
    ?

Lol. Agree with you Stewy. It's a butt ugly bird.

But alas....this is not my shield. Was posting it on behalf of another person.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Original it is, but not all "missing logs" have a Puffin rather than an eagle. If the price is good then maybe, but I'd look for one with a better defined eagle. Just my opinion. Stewy
    Quote by MAP View Post
    Lol. Agree with you Stewy. It's a butt ugly bird.

But alas....this is not my shield. Was posting it on behalf of another person.
    You may struggle there gentlemen....... Even the early types had an eagles head that was the Aquiline version of Rocky Dennis. The first one is about as good as these get.

Demjansk Shield missing log variantDemjansk Shield missing log variantDemjansk Shield missing log variant

Thanks for the comparisons Ned. Michaels one takes the biscuit though, it's a proper John Merrick on par with RK ASA eagles IMO. I can definitely see that these Demyansk's (missing log) lack finesse. Stewy

MAP
    ?

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Thanks for the comparisons Ned. Michaels one takes the biscuit though, it's a proper John Merrick on par with RK ASA eagles IMO. I can definitely see that these Demyansk's (missing log) lack finesse. Stewy
    My life story....I always get the ugly prom date.....

Quote by MAP View Post
    My life story....I always get the ugly prom date.....
    Maybe......But they always try harder old chap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2