MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Denazified 25 year service medal (Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen) & gun powder tin

Article about: very interesting items you found ! thanks for sharing them...!

Default re: Denazified 25 year service medal (Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen) & gun powder tin

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I wonder if you can post a pic of the edge of the central area? Have they skimmed the swastika off with a grinder or similar?
    The surface is quite soft, i dont have a clue on what could have been used to do this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Denazified 25 year service medal (Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen) & gun powder tin   Denazified 25 year service medal (Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen) & gun powder tin  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Denazified 25 year service medal (Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen) & gun powder tin
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Denazified 25 year service medal (Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen) & gun powder tin

Thanks Nuno, whats the grey 'blob'? Glue residue?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

It certainly looks like something was pasted over the swastika. Is it possible to remove whatever it is?
    Tom

Thanks Nuno, whats the grey 'blob'? Glue residue?
    Do you have a list of makers of these medals? This one was made in an completely diferent way.
    Diferent makers, could mean diferences in the finishing quality.
    I just figured out, why it has a blob in the middle.

?

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Do you have a list of makers of these medals? This one was made in an completely diferent way.
    Diferent makers, could mean diferences in the finishing quality.
    I just figured out, why it has a blob in the middle.
    I'm not sure there is a definitive list of makers for this award. I imagine many makers produced them. Which way was this one made and what was the blob for?

I had to use a magnafier to discover this, its not a one piece.
    The two centers are glued, then painted over.
    There are a few diferences between my other one.
    Its thicker, but on the other hand it has lots of detail and is well made.
    So either it was made in a diferent way or its a fake.
    Im posting photos for you to compare.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Denazified 25 year service medal (Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen) & gun powder tin   Denazified 25 year service medal (Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen) & gun powder tin  

Denazified 25 year service medal (Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen) & gun powder tin   Denazified 25 year service medal (Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen) & gun powder tin  

more

Denazified 25 year service medal (Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen) & gun powder tin  

?

It's interesting. I thought the swastika had been ground off? Can you confirm what the areas arrowed below are?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Denazified 25 year service medal (Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen) & gun powder tin  

It's interesting. I thought the swastika had been ground off? Can you confirm what the areas arrowed below are?
    But thats the thing, the other one is a single piece and this one is not.
    Thats an area where the paint has been scraped.

Very strange, guess they ground it down, it looked like crap, so they glued something over it. It also kind of looks like they may have done some soldering to the sides.

Jay

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast