Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Deschler hoard Mutterkreuz.....

Article about: by sealion st hi,im a new member today, could you tell me more about the "hoard" as i have just started my collection after afew yrs of house buying and raising kids, just bought s

?

Default Re: Deschler hoard Mutterkreuz.....

Quote by sealion st View Post
    hi,im a new member today, could you tell me more about the "hoard" as i have just started my collection after afew yrs of house buying and raising kids, just bought some decshler item's
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    The Deschler hoard was a large quantity of medals found in the attic of an old shop when it was being refurbished. The hoard cosisted of both classes of Kriegsverdienstkreuz - with and without swords, Eisenes Kreuz 2. Klasse, Ost Medaille, Mutterkreuz and Spanish (?) medals (I think that was all?)
    95% of the items found were in absolute mint condition with the other 5% being those that were on the outside of the hoard and exposed to the attic conditions. The awards were still in their original packaging, unopened since the day they were packed in the factory.
    I've attached a few pics below. I can't remember where they came from because I saved them from different places so if anyone sees one of their images let me know and I can remove them if requested.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deschler hoard Mutterkreuz.....   Deschler hoard Mutterkreuz.....  

Deschler hoard Mutterkreuz.....   Deschler hoard Mutterkreuz.....  

Deschler hoard Mutterkreuz.....   Deschler hoard Mutterkreuz.....  

Attached Images Attached Images Deschler hoard Mutterkreuz.....  Deschler hoard Mutterkreuz.....  Deschler hoard Mutterkreuz.....  Deschler hoard Mutterkreuz..... 

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deschler hoard Mutterkreuz.....
    P
    Many

Wow! Thanks for the pictures Adrian! That would be cool to try an collect as much as you can from that stash.

Nick here is my Mothers Cross. Notice there is some silvering missing from the right side of the cross. I think Ill call the manufacture and see if can get a replacement!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deschler hoard Mutterkreuz.....   Deschler hoard Mutterkreuz.....  

Adrian, amazing pics! Imagine coming across that !

Element, a lovely cross despite the silvering issue

Nick
    Last edited by Woolgar; 05-20-2010 at 07:02 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hello there,

Nice badges, they look great on display next to each other!

William Kramer

Fantastic hoard! Thats the first I've seen or heard about it

Adrian, where can i buy a Mutter Kreuz from the Deschler hoard?
    Steve

?

Quote by Airborne125 View Post
    Adrian, where can i buy a Mutter Kreuz from the Deschler hoard?
    Steve
    Hi Steve,
    John at Germanwarbooty.com has each grade for sale at the moment. He is also a good, honest dealer, one of the best.
    Here's a link, the Mutterkreuz are down near the bottom of the page in the 'Medals, Badges & Awards' section.....

GERMANWARBOOTY.COM...Authentic Militaria

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    Hi Steve,
    John at Germanwarbooty.com has each grade for sale at the moment. He is also a good, honest dealer, one of the best.
    Here's a link, the Mutterkreuz are down near the bottom of the page in the 'Medals, Badges & Awards' section.....

GERMANWARBOOTY.COM...Authentic Militaria

Thanks Adrian.

Steve

Hurry before I get there They look great !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I was looking through some of the old stuff..on here I nearly fell off my chair when I read this !!What an amazing find!!!!..wow its beggers belief what can find in your attic..I would go looking in my bungalow but being that it is 3 years old & in Lincolnshire the Uk chances of finding these beauties is slim..lol.. Excellent Cheers Terry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast