Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Deutches Kreuz im Silber

Article about: Hello all, I'd like to share this DKiS. Everything seems alright to me. Does anyone see any problems?

G43
    ?

Default Deutches Kreuz im Silber

Hello all, I'd like to share this DKiS. Everything seems alright to me. Does anyone see any problems?

Deutches Kreuz im Silber

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutches Kreuz im Silber
    P
    Many

What a good looking Zimmermann.
    It just looks too good to be real but I'd buy it.
    Doug

Beautiful. I briefly owned a cased Zimmermann DKiS but whilst good was nowhere near as nice as this one, a stunning textbook example of one of their cupal lightweight crosses and rare in that condition and grade.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

excellent example,thanks for showing it.

G43
    ?

Thank you all for the comments. It is nice to see that more uncommon pieces of history still exist is very well preserved condition.

Was this the one on Lakesidetrader? It's a beauty. I just couldn't swing that kind of money.

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    Was this the one on Lakesidetrader? It's a beauty. I just couldn't swing that kind of money.
    IMO the value of both grades of DK's has been falling quite rapidly in the last 12-18 months. It may not be in the dealers shop window so much, but collector to collector these awards are coming down in price to be able to move them on. It's not only DK's though, many TR items are struggling to maintain values and prices that were the norm 2 years ago.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Nice looking award in excellent condition , thanks for posting pics

Quote by big ned View Post
    IMO the value of both grades of DK's has been falling quite rapidly in the last 12-18 months. It may not be in the dealers shop window so much, but collector to collector these awards are coming down in price to be able to move them on. It's not only DK's though, many TR items are struggling to maintain values and prices that were the norm 2 years ago.

Regards, Ned.
    I've noticed the same with helmets. A steady decline in price over the last year or so. Which is nice if you're looking to buy a lot and not sell. I would think the DKiS would still demand more than one in gold, especially one in a condition similar to this one that was posted. Be nice to finally see some average collectors be able to buy these pieces for their collectors.

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    I've noticed the same with helmets. A steady decline in price over the last year or so. Which is nice if you're looking to buy a lot and not sell. I would think the DKiS would still demand more than one in gold, especially one in a condition similar to this one that was posted. Be nice to finally see some average collectors be able to buy these pieces for their collectors.
    Hi Todd,

You're right. As regards the DK grade values difference, collector to collector wise I'd estimate a Zimmermann DKiS in the condition of the one above around a value of $4,500 or thereabouts with another grand for the correct case (ALL Zimmeremann DKiS's were awarded in a DKiG case with the gold cheatline around the top lid, the only maker to do so, if it's silver it's a replacement/add on). A Zimmmermann DKiG in similar condition I would guess at around $2500-$2800, again sans case.

These values are my opinion only, others may think differently.

Regards, Ned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast