Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Deutsche Akademie für Luftfahrtforschung.

Article about: I would appreciate it if anyone can ID this award for me? Photos are not the best, but all that I have at the moment. All that I know about this is that it apears to be of sliver and has the

That's quite a bit of creative speculation, Richard...And although it's important that you're happy with your purchase, personally I hope you didn't invest too much money in this questionable yet intriguing award...
    Good luck in your collecting endeavor!
    cheers, Glenn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsche Akademie für Luftfahrtforschung.
    P
    Many

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    That's quite a bit of creative speculation, Richard...And although it's important that you're happy with your purchase, personally I hope you didn't invest too much money in this questionable yet intriguing award...
    Good luck in your collecting endeavor!
    cheers, Glenn
    Glenn.... Thank you for your posting. Actually my investement is quite nominal, no cash, as a few years back I made a great trade, receiving at the very least double of what I was asking for one of my items at the time. I just recently traded a few items from the excess of that trade for this specimen.

?

Quote by Richard Kimmel View Post
    I mention this only because a worker in a badge producer could do a similar thing by making a badge for himself and simply just stamping the manufacturers mark, and not other markings; or not stamping any markings. This would not constitute an issued badge, but nevertheless it would still be a period made piece.
    I'm sorry Richard but with respect, that is not food for thought, it is complete rubbish spoken by someone who has a questionable award and is clutching at straws in an attempt to justify it's existence.

The notion that a worker at Lauer should make himself a very rare and high end award of which the production was no doubt strictly controlled and adhered to and he should just 'help himself' to one of these pieces that he was not entitled to bear, wear or own is bordering on fantasy.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Having compared the picture of the award with the accepted form in my opinion the posted award is a reproduction, and some way from an original in it's details it would seem too. Incredibly slippery discussion here and I am exhausted after reading it, like grasping water.

?

The onus should be on presenting facts that can prove or disprove this piece as being manufactured before May 1945. All we have are the pieces in circulation, good and bad and the historical paperwork (in this case the Ailsby chart) that defines the standards to which these awards were made.

If your piece does not match the evidence of wartime production then unfortunately the conclusion should be drawn that it is a reproduction.

There can be no other way. Any fanciful speculation is irrelevant because it cannot be proved and is therefore inadmissible as evidence.

The 'worker who made a piece for himself and didn't mark it because it was a non issue piece but is a genuine award' is the sort of tale a hooky seller would spin in attempt to pass off a fake to a naive buyer.

....and then there are the tales of people who have dealt with
    'well intentioned' yet unscrupulous types and traded off
    good, solid original pieces for fakes.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I'm sorry Richard but with respect, that is not food for thought, it is complete rubbish spoken by someone who has a questionable award and is clutching at straws in an attempt to justify it's existence.

The notion that a worker at Lauer should make himself a very rare and high end award of which the production was no doubt strictly controlled and adhered to and he should just 'help himself' to one of these pieces that he was not entitled to bear, wear or own is bordering on fantasy.
    Adrian... I have realized a long time ago peoples short commings and no longer take offense at what others say about me. If you and others a like feel that the specimen presented is questionable, no problem, as it is at this point and I certainly have no problems with it being so. As previously said, I have yet to do more research, detailed photographing and taking accurate measurements.

As far as a worker would be concerned, I have already pointed out a classic example of the red Beatles record.

May I ask who on this forum owns a genuine example of this award?

Adrian, I am taken back a bit by two postings by GWAR and should not be permitted to be posted on a forum that professes to be a quality forum. A member who has not posted anything constructive previously in this thread. They are very insulting to say the least and truly have no place here on the forum. I'm requesting that posts #47 & #48 be removed!

In order to keep the peace, I recommend closing the thread as we are obviously not progressing, and things appear to be going downhill fast...
    cheers, Glenn

- - ------- - -

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    In order to keep the peace, I recommend closing the thread as we are obviously not progressing, and things appear to be going downhill fast...
    cheers, Glenn

- - ------- - -
    Glen... I agree

?

I'm sorry I hadn't checked back on the thread since the new posts which are now removed as they were unecessary in my opinion.

The speculation about a worker is, like I said an irrelevance as it is pure speculation and has no bearing in determining if this piece is original, or fake.

If you wish to compare an American 1960's worker making mass produced vinyl records to a 1940's German worker in a factory making a limited production run of a controlled award you open up a wide ranging and ridiculous set of possibilites for all of our collectables. It cannot be proved and therefore it should not enter the discussion again as it is slightly insulting to the intelligence of the members here and like I said previously akin to a line put out by a dodgy dealer.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast