Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Deutsche Kreuz in Gold - Named to 'Udo Panter'.

Article about: So in all of your glasses of wine opinion.........its worth the price?? I have had a few as well and usually wind up buying stuff that I get bashed for later!! Sam

Default Re: Deutsche Kreuz in Gold - Named to 'Udo Panter'.

So I am still torn. Is there anyway he could have received this medal and its not listed? Or is the list complete?? I have the question in to Emedals and they stated they would let me know Monday!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsche Kreuz in Gold - Named to 'Udo Panter'.
    P
    Many

Any other comments are welcome!!!

?

Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    So I am still torn. Is there anyway he could have received this medal and its not listed? Or is the list complete?? I have the question in to Emedals and they stated they would let me know Monday!!
    That is possible Sam , he could have received the award very late war and the official paperwork never issued so no appearance on official lists !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    That is possible Sam , he could have received the award very late war and the official paperwork never issued so no appearance on official lists !!
    That's an interesting point Paul, and one to bear in mind perhaps. Personally, I have stated that I wouldn't buy it. However, if you feel ok with the fact that it can't be proven, i.e. the recipient was Udo Panter, then go for it Sam. After all, it is a nice award in fine condition.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. Let us know what happens tomorrow, regarding the seller and the information that you have requested from him...and good luck on the price too!

?

The inscription puzzles me slightly, it might well be original, I don't know that for sure but if I had been awarded such a prestigious decoration I would at least have made sure my name was inscribed on the reverse properly, and made sure it was square to the decoration. Why do it in such a place and at such an angle? It's obviously more than just a quick scratch with the point of a bayonet so if you're going to the trouble of doing it, why not do it neatly and tidily?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Good point. It also looks as though it has been cleaned in the center back to further inspect the inscription. I will let everyone know tomorrow what I get back! I have done a good bit of research over the weekend and like was already stated, there were allot of these unaccounted for towards the end of the war and on the eastern front.

The mystery is over. They stated it was late issue Eastern front hence no paperwork. They stated they have handled many of these and the inscription Udo Panter is genuine. I was able to get it for $2500 so it was a good deal to me and it gives me something to research as well! Thanks for everyone's help and input. I love this forum!!!

Sam

Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    The mystery is over. They stated it was late issue Eastern front hence no paperwork. They stated they have handled many of these and the inscription Udo Panter is genuine. I was able to get it for $2500 so it was a good deal to me and it gives me something to research as well! Thanks for everyone's help and input. I love this forum!!!

Sam
    They would say that. However you have a nice genuine Deutsche Kreuz in Gold, congrats

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I wonder if they come on here and read our post??? LOL.

Sam

?

well the emedals guy has an account on the forum.

cheers,
    Patrick

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast