Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Deutsches Kreuz in gold at auction

Article about: Another piece at the local auction tonight. i had never seen or handled one up close. It is marked with a "1" on the back pin.

Default Deutsches Kreuz in gold at auction

Another piece at the local auction tonight. i had never seen or handled one up close. It is marked with a "1" on the back pin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Kreuz in gold at auction   Deutsches Kreuz in gold at auction  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Kreuz in gold at auction
    P
    Many

I would not recommend it...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

A very poor attempt at a 4 rivet Deschler DKiG, it's suprising how many folk still get bit by these.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Between this and the "SS" visor, perhaps best to avoid the auction altogether.

Somebody is seeding these auctions with garbage and cashing in on the live auction atmosphere spending. Not good..
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I have done well in most cases at this auction but you are correct in that there are repros in there at times. It is a Sportsmens auction with firearms, hunting and militaria. The owners of auction are not experts in militaria but due point out if something is repro if questionable or informed by the people putting the stuff up for bid.

Hi, not a good piece by a long shot, very poor quality all round. My experience of auction houses is that in the majority of cases they do not give a damn if something is genuine or not, their descriptions rarely state the words "genuine or original" just what the piece is "supposed" to be. A classic case of buyer's responsibility, and tough cheese when you ask for your money back. Leon.